Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Feminists complaining latest one is that phones are too big for their hands, nobody actually thought they might just have small hands.  In fact feminists complaining about practically everything. as it doesnt suit their mindset/agenda starting to do my napper in.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Feminists complaining latest one is that phones are too big for their hands, nobody actually thought they might just have small hands.  In fact feminists complaining about practically everything. as it doesnt suit their mindset/agenda starting to do my napper in.

That seems a very strange thing for anyone to get upset about.

Women's hands are a fair bit smaller. If phones are getting bigger, as they are, that's going to be a nuisance. Some have said so. You can't just keep older, smaller phones, because they stop updating the software.

What exactly is it you want these women to do? Grow bigger hands? Or just generally never be seen or heard unless it pleases you?

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:48, Shandon Par said:

I had the police at the door recently as I'd forgotten to use contactless, chip & pin or cash after filling up. 

Was this around the time you and your wife went to a restaurant and 'forgot' to bring any method of payment?

For the last 3 weeks my girlfriend has been complaining of an ingrown toenail and I have told her every time to make a doctors appointment

She waves it off repeatedly, now she’s sitting on the couch in agony, came off the phone to her pal, and now chooses to listen to her pal and has booked a doctors appointment, whilst moaning I should’ve reminded her to organise one.

Hopefully the doctor prescribes a good boot in the pie.

31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

For the last 3 weeks my girlfriend has been complaining of an ingrown toenail and I have told her every time to make a doctors appointment

She waves it off repeatedly, now she’s sitting on the couch in agony, came off the phone to her pal, and now chooses to listen to her pal and has booked a doctors appointment, whilst moaning I should’ve reminded her to organise one.

Hopefully the doctor prescribes a good boot in the pie.

Must have one of them old fashioned wee ones.

57 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That seems a very strange thing for anyone to get upset about.

Women's hands are a fair bit smaller. If phones are getting bigger, as they are, that's going to be a nuisance. Some have said so. You can't just keep older, smaller phones, because they stop updating the software.

What exactly is it you want these women to do? Grow bigger hands? Or just generally never be seen or heard unless it pleases you?

Strange though ,that the same phones seem to fit children’s & teenagers hands 

Just saying like .

Details of my work's rota are hassle but, over a five week rota, everyone has to take a turn doing the 9-5 shift and, when my staff do that shift, they're covering everyone else who takes holidays or phones in sick. Everyone hates that week but it's evenly spread so they lump it and every member of staff agreed to the rota when I created it.. If they have anything ye really want to do that weekend ye book it as tho' it wa a holiday, even tho' they'resupposed to be off, because they know no day or time is safe that week with folk missing work.

Then two months ago "the p***k" at work had his Wednesday shift for the following week cancelled and moved to the Saturday. He found out about this on Thursday. I OKd it with him. On Monday he said he wasn't going to do the shift. I told him tough shit. He went to management above me and concocted a story about how I came in on the Monday and "surprised him" with the shift change. I explained to management that that was bullshit (with evidence in the form of e-mails) and he knew in advance and also showed that he signed and agreed to the rota system that meant, once every five weeks, you were rota'd to cover other shifts when required. 

Management sided with him because he's a known arsehole and, in their words, it would be too much hassle to discipline. So muggins here had to come in on the Saturday to do the shift.

Today I worked 0900-1700. Back in at 0900 tomorrow. The p***k was working 1400-2200. The lassie supposed to be starting at 2200 phones in sick in the afternoon. I can get cover from 0200 onwards but there's a 4 hour gap between 2200-0200. The p***k, who drives, refuses to work til 0200 in return for a free day off tomorrow with full pay as "it's too late to drive home." He refuses to work til midnight with me covering two hours as "he likes to be in bed before midnight". He refuses to do an extra hour because "it's just too late.". He refuses to do an extra HALF HOUR so that I can at least keep the plans I had made with my missus. 

If I wasn't seeing the missus I would have genuinely just went to bed and left him in here til 0200 knowing that, if he left early, it's instant dismissal but she was being all "reasonable" instead. The cow. Big angry e-mail calling my manager a shitebag whose refusal to back me up two months ago has gave The p***k free reign to refuse any reasonable request as, since then, he's refused to swap shifts with ANYONE for any reason. 

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Details of my work's rota are hassle but, over a five week rota, everyone has to take a turn doing the 9-5 shift and, when my staff do that shift, they're covering everyone else who takes holidays or phones in sick. Everyone hates that week but it's evenly spread so they lump it and every member of staff agreed to the rota when I created it.. If they have anything ye really want to do that weekend ye book it as tho' it wa a holiday, even tho' they'resupposed to be off, because they know no day or time is safe that week with folk missing work.

Then two months ago "the p***k" at work had his Wednesday shift for the following week cancelled and moved to the Saturday. He found out about this on Thursday. I OKd it with him. On Monday he said he wasn't going to do the shift. I told him tough shit. He went to management above me and concocted a story about how I came in on the Monday and "surprised him" with the shift change. I explained to management that that was bullshit (with evidence in the form of e-mails) and he knew in advance and also showed that he signed and agreed to the rota system that meant, once every five weeks, you were rota'd to cover other shifts when required. 

Management sided with him because he's a known arsehole and, in their words, it would be too much hassle to discipline. So muggins here had to come in on the Saturday to do the shift.

Today I worked 0900-1700. Back in at 0900 tomorrow. The p***k was working 1400-2200. The lassie supposed to be starting at 2200 phones in sick in the afternoon. I can get cover from 0200 onwards but there's a 4 hour gap between 2200-0200. The p***k, who drives, refuses to work til 0200 in return for a free day off tomorrow with full pay as "it's too late to drive home." He refuses to work til midnight with me covering two hours as "he likes to be in bed before midnight". He refuses to do an extra hour because "it's just too late.". He refuses to do an extra HALF HOUR so that I can at least keep the plans I had made with my missus. 

If I wasn't seeing the missus I would have genuinely just went to bed and left him in here til 0200 knowing that, if he left early, it's instant dismissal but she was being all "reasonable" instead. The cow. Big angry e-mail calling my manager a shitebag whose refusal to back me up two months ago has gave The p***k free reign to refuse any reasonable request as, since then, he's refused to swap shifts with ANYONE for any reason. 

Plant drugs on him. 

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Should've stuck in at the school.

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

These are the problems you encounter when McDonalds goes 24hrs.

People who do something nice for you, but when they do something nice for you they like to remind you they've done something nice for you.

People who do that for you haven't done something nice for you, they've done something nice for themselves to feel good about their pathetic attention seeking lives. It's not nice.

On the subject of phones, when did people forget how a phone should be held. If we take the bit that goes against the ear as the top and the bit that goes near the mouth to speak as the bottom it a decent design that has worked for phones for decades.

Walking down the street, I have recently seen where they have the bottom against their mouth and the top sticking out straight in front of them,

the top against their ear and the bottom sticking out sideways nowhere near their mouth,

bottom in front of their mouth, top away from ear to talk and then move the whole phone up to their ear to listen, then reverse to talk again.

These are the idiots that are probably complaining the phones are to big, they just too stupid to hold the phone against the side of their head properly

I am aware of the Kenneth Williams gif overload that the above is, just go with it.

See if you can get your old mate the cobbler to speak to him?

14 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Strange though ,that the same phones seem to fit children’s & teenagers hands 

Just saying like .

Plenty smaller phones available too, got a Sony compact so it easily fits in a jeans pocket.