Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
What's the point of an Amex card?

To pay for things.

But a lot of places don't accept them because they charge the retailer more. What benefit do you get over Visa, Mastercard whatever? 

But a lot of places don't accept them because they charge the retailer more. What benefit do you get over Visa, Mastercard whatever? 
The membership rewards scheme is pretty impressive which gets me cheap flights. Thats the main driver. It's also a charge card so one bill per month.

Tbh the only places that come to mind that don't accept it are B&Q and Tony Macaroni.

Wolves goalie, Rui Patrício, wearing number 11.
It looks wrong but he has a good reason for not wearing number 1. He went for number 11(plenty of other numbers available)in respect to the player that was number 1 last season retired in the summer with leukaemia.

20 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
41 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:
Wolves goalie, Rui Patrício, wearing number 11.

It looks wrong but he has a good reason for not wearing number 1. He went for number 11(plenty of other numbers available)in respect to the player that was number 1 last season retired in the summer with leukaemia.

He has a good reason for not wearing #1 in that it's retired by the club, he doesn't have a good reason for wearing #11.

Roundabouts that change the usual left hand as left/straight on to left only with no warning.

Alloa area is particularly bad for this. It's probably more dangerous to change roads to this than to create a traffic flow system like this. Town planners just said f**k it let's not go with the Highway Code today.

I am getting sick of folk bitching about "modern" hip hop all of a sudden because Eminem released an album.

I am not a huge hip hop fan by any stretch of the imagination. I love a lot of stuff from the Golden Age as much as I love any other albums I own or listen to. I've enjoyed quite a bit of the Drill stuff coming out of South London over the last few years and I can see a pretty clear line from Wu-Tang through to Kendrick Lamar in production style and jazz influences that always perks my ear up but, in general, I don't talk about it as it's not my area of expertise.

Yet, suddenly, Eminem released an album and so many folk I know, who never mention hip hop, ever, are going on about how good it is to have "proper" hip hop again and shitting on everything else that's currently available. I don't even mind Eminem but all his little fan boys, who listen to nothing but Stone Roses, Oasis and Neil Diamond 364 days of the year, getting a stawner because the guy they liked when they were 14 because he swore releases an album is doing my tits right in.

Saw one guy, he's in his late 20s, bitching about the quality of lyrics in modern day hip hop and how he and his pals grew up with proper word smiths. f**k up mate. You grew up with Soulja Boi and 50 Cent. When I get back to Greenock I'm gonna chib him with a sharpened Erik B and Rakim vinyl.

On 9/15/2018 at 18:46, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

For some reason my Amex contactless is often declined in the Shell garage but goes through fine with Chip and Pin so rather than waste time doing both methods I just go for chip and pin in the petrol station.

I had the police at the door recently as I'd forgotten to use contactless, chip & pin or cash after filling up. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I had the police at the door recently as I'd forgotten to use contactless, chip & pin or cash after filling up. 

I did that a few years back and they were at my door not long after I'd walked in the house. I just drove off and completely forgot to pay. Is what I said to them.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
6 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
I had that last month, I was shitting it. It was a doddle though, two teeth done in 15-20 mins, barely felt a thing. Of course it could be that the nerve was already dead. Either that or I'm hard as f**k.

In getting charged for 2 teeth for root canal on both.... 350 pound...

https://dentistry.dundee.ac.uk/dundee-dental-hospital

The 'honest mum' blogger on BBC Breakfast.

Shut. The. f**k. Up. 

FFS!!! 

Topic being discussed (teenage pregnancy), yes, very important. Having some nobody who posts on the internet commenting as if they're some sort of 'expert'? f**k off.