Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I was in a pub/restaurant in Glasgow last week and the toilet doors didn't have male or female on them but cubicles on one and cubicles and urinals on the other. I assume this is for the gender neutral approach but there wouldn't then have been anything wrong with me going in the door only marked cubicles (I didn't) but I can imagine trying to argue my way out of that one.

Cafes with WiFi that don’t display the password anywhere. I don’t want to have to queue at the counter again to ask what it is and if you are going to bother having it for customers then why make it hard to use?

I’m starting my masters today so on campus and the toilets are male or gender neutral! Wtaf.

What campus was this? Did it state anywhere that the toilets were gender neutral or was it just a case of a row of normal toilet cubicles?

18 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Cafes with WiFi that don’t display the password anywhere. I don’t want to have to queue at the counter again to ask what it is and if you are going to bother having it for customers then why make it hard to use?

Pubs as well that don't just put a sign up. Even better just make it open.

My work has been bought over by a new company, and have decided they want us to do 4 stock takes a year, instead of just one in September. To add insult to injury, the last one is on the friday we finish up for Christmas.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was in a pub/restaurant in Glasgow last week and the toilet doors didn't have male or female on them but cubicles on one and cubicles and urinals on the other. I assume this is for the gender neutral approach but there wouldn't then have been anything wrong with me going in the door only marked cubicles (I didn't) but I can imagine trying to argue my way out of that one.

Have a shite in the urinal and see what the reaction is. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

My work has been bought over by a new company, and have decided they want us to do 4 stock takes a year, instead of just one in September. To add insult to injury, the last one is on the friday we finish up for Christmas.

clever. you'll have to buy presents this year.

On 9/3/2018 at 23:35, tamthebam said:

I can't help thinking you should have let off a ripper of a fart just as the wife opened the door. That should keep 'em away next time. 

or just shout "awwwwww - I told you to keep it in your mouth for a few more seconds - I've just shot my load all over the carpet and the corner of the coffee table...." 

7 hours ago, throbber said:

What campus was this? Did it state anywhere that the toilets were gender neutral or was it just a case of a row of normal toilet cubicles?

No it had sign on door that it’s been changed to gender neutral.

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

No it had sign on door that it’s been changed to gender neutral.

So it is for use by anyone, unlike the gents' which has urinals and therefore would not be suitable for women. I fail to see the problem.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

So it is for use by anyone, unlike the gents' which has urinals and therefore would not be suitable for women. I fail to see the problem.

I don't either, cubicles have lockable doors. Who cares if someone of uncertain sex watches you washing your hands? The more people bang on about this supposed problem the more likely perverts are likely to take advantage, something I've never heard of happening, ever.

Edited by welshbairn