Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

shouldnt make any odds what time of day it is,people like you abusing it is out of order no matter when or how many free spaces there is,i hope some day you have to use a disabled space and there all full and u have to park miles away from the front door

Aren't you a big meany :lol:

Guest God is a bairn

fuxake gogo, that is terrible.

why?? its there to be used and if hes not using it at the time may aswell get the full use out of the thing

To be blatantly honest, at 2am when almost every car parking space in the carpark is free, even when in good health I would park in a disable space. 30 wheelcair bound cronies would not decend on Tesco's in a matter of minutes at that hour.

I agree, I parked in a disabled bay on Saturday night when I popped in to get some shampoo. There are approximately 20 disabled bays at our store and every one apart from the one I was in was empty therefore it's not even an issue if I park there or not.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using a disabled bay at 10pm or 2am. That said, I'd never even contemplate using one during the day although if I can't get parked in a regular bay around the staff entrance, I'll park in a parent and child bay. If I park near proper customers, guaranteed some fanny hits my car with their door. I've taken pelters for it on here before but at the end of the day, I'm only being truthful and my car and as a result my pocket mean a lot more to me than allowing someone with kids to park closer to the store. People can slag me off all they want for it, but those are my opinions and I won't lie about it! :)

Edited by SaintSam

He's not talking about the badge he's talking about the use of a disabled space by someone who is fit to walk an extra 20 yards, which is pretty contemptable.

I know. Its not even as though at night you would have to walk an extra 20 yards either, since most of the parking spaces that are close but not disabled will also be free. (same goes for St Sam whose excuse of my car is more important to me than some woman with kids having to park further away is also pretty pathetic). People should be glad that they are able to walk this extra little bit, instead of being stuck in a wheelchair or disabled in such a way that the extra 20 feet is actually a lot of hard work. Even when i am using my wife`s grandfathers car with a disabled badge, i still park in a normal spot. Its all about a little respect for people who are disabled, and even respect for your own fitness (think of the extra 20 feet or so as doing a bit more to keep in shape) but with most things in life, the younger people are getting the less respect they seem to have for others :rolleyes:

(same goes for St Sam whose excuse of my car is more important to me than some woman with kids having to park further away is also pretty pathetic)

Scathing!

The car cost me over £6000 and it already has a f'ck off big scratch on the passenger side door that the garage have assured me was most likely caused by another door banging into mine. Yeah, probably pathetic in your eyes but it's the unadulterated truth!

Congratulations, you are a saint and I a sinner!

I'll park in a parent and child bay. If I park near proper customers, guaranteed some fanny hits my car with their door. I've taken pelters for it on here before but at the end of the day, I'm only being truthful and my car and as a result my pocket mean a lot more to me than allowing someone with kids to park closer to the store. People can slag me off all they want for it, but those are my opinions and I won't lie about it! :)

That is the biggest bug bear of mine regarding supermarket parking. There is nothing worse than struggling with a pram, a baby and your shopping bags in a proper customer parking space. I hope when the time comes for you to have kids Sam that someone parks there car in the parent and child bay and then watches you struggle further up the car park. Even now although my son is nearly 6 it still annoys me watching people who obviously don't have a child park here. I have not used the parent and child bays since my son started walking as I feel that people with babies and toddlers need is greater.

On the subject of car doors, a local child (aged about 8) ran a stone down the whole side of my car a few weeks ago. I hear she's moving to Perth!!! <_<

Scathing!

The car cost me over £6000 and it already has a f'ck off big scratch on the passenger side door that the garage have assured me was most likely caused by another door banging into mine. Yeah, probably pathetic in your eyes but it's the unadulterated truth!

Congratulations, you are a saint and I a sinner!

And? what makes you so special that you feel you have to park in the large parking spots to stop this? It seems you are not sure that it was caused in the parking lot. It could have been caused anywhere, including parking in your extra large parking spots. My car cost may over $6000 also, and now has a big dent in it because of an arsehole reversing into me in a parking lot, but you dont see me crying about it, stuff like that happens. Thats what insurance is for, and if you dont want to pay it out of your insurance you can a) get used to the scratch or B) save up the money to have it re-painted.

Taking the car somewhere close because of walking home in the dark may be risky is fair enough but parking in bays reserved for those with special needs is a real bug bear of mine.

There's loads of other parking 'anti-socials' such as parking across driveways, double parking or just plain old obstrusctive parking. They dont go to the bother and expense of marking these out and puting signs up as a way of providing an easy ride for lazy/selfish folk.

Most folks cars cost more than £6K I'd say, that does not mean they can dump them anywhere. What a shocking attitude.

Edited by Garrowhillclyde

And? what makes you so special that you feel you have to park in the large parking spots to stop this? It seems you are not sure that it was caused in the parking lot. It could have been caused anywhere, including parking in your extra large parking spots. My car cost may over $6000 also, and now has a big dent in it because of an arsehole reversing into me in a parking lot, but you dont see me crying about it, stuff like that happens. Thats what insurance is for, and if you dont want to pay it out of your insurance you can a) get used to the scratch or B) save up the money to have it re-painted.

I don't want my car to get damaged, therefore I take necessary steps to avoid it happening, and that involves when at work - if I can't park in the staff areas - parking in the first or second parent and child bay closest to them. My car is sitting there for sometimes nine hours at a time, I like to reduce the risk of some fanny bashing it whilst it sits for so long. The chance of it being damaged around the staff entrance are so low because customers don't really know that part of the car park exists but sometimes it can be full.

Hardly the crime of the century and not something I'm going to stop doing if the staff bays are full and the parent and child bays empty although under extreme circumstances like the odd occasion I work on a Saturday afternoon and only one parent and child bay was empty, I wouldn't use it. I only do it when there are enough to go round and I know I'll get away with it as a result. I'm not completely inconsiderate!

I park in normal bays when I go shopping (because I won't be there for long), unless - as I agreed with Fudge - it's late at night, then it's basically a free for all. B)

Now now, I never mentioned your family once ;)

Did you get Ms McLeod tonight? Or is it Wednesdays she comes in? Sure she told me before but as usual my brain isn't working.

She comes in on Thursdays at around 5pm I'm told, and is still there when I leave work usually, on her wee seat at the front door. That said, I'm beginning to worry about her, she hasn't been seen for two weeks!

Hardly the crime of the century

I never suggested it was crime of the century, but as i said before i feel it shows a lack of respect. That is something that can grow to a much larger problem than parking in handicapped/other spots.

I never suggested it was crime of the century, but as i said before i feel it shows a lack of respect. That is something that can grow to a much larger problem than parking in handicapped/other spots.

And I disagree!

I've taken care to mention in every post that I only do it when the staff bays at work are full, and you have no idea how rare or often that occasion is, but you only see what you want to see! :P

And I disagree!

I've taken care to mention in every post that I only do it when the staff bays at work are full, and you have no idea how rare or often that occasion is, but you only see what you want to see! :P

What does how often it happens got to do with anything :blink::blink: I assume from what you say that 100% of the time you cant get a "staff bay" parking spot then you park in the restricted areas. Whether that is 1 time a month or 1 time a year or 4 times a week is irrelevant.

edited to add:-

What do you disagree with? that it shows a lack of respect? :unsure:

Edited by bluetooner

What does how often it happens got to do with anything :blink::blink: I assume from what you say that 100% of the time you cant get a "staff bay" parking spot then you park in the restricted areas. Whether that is 1 time a month or 1 time a year or 4 times a week is irrelevant.

edited to add:-

What do you disagree with? that it shows a lack of respect? :unsure:

I think you - as usual - have blown the situation out of proportion.

I would agree that if I just rolled up in a disabled/parent and child bay regardless of other options then it would show a lack of respect but parking in a disabled bay at night when they are all empty is not showing a lack of respect towards anything or anyone, nor is parking in a parent and child bay on the rare occasion there aren't staff bays and P&C around the staff entrance are in plentiful supply.

You're entitled to your opinion of course as I am entitled to disagree with it.