Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I happened to see that live the other night.  I can't remember the last time I watched the news.  I honestly thought it was some kind of piss take in The Day Today or Alan Partridge tradition.

how many times have you sat in a swanky cruise liner bar, sharing cocktails with your friends and fellow passengers, maybe as guests at the captain's table ?

i'll bet that many of those cocktails would have contained ice cubes - that's right, ice - as used to chill vodka martinis and brandy sours enjoyed by first class passengers on the RMS Titanic...

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The Dota 2 thread in the gaming forum. Just strayed in there and it’s like listening into a conversation in Nathan Barley’s Sugarape office.

Just read the last page.

SinfulHighChinchilla-small.gif

Are they even speaking in English?

The Dota 2 thread in the gaming forum. Just strayed in there and it’s like listening into a conversation in Nathan Barley’s Sugarape office.

Can’t say it gets on my nerves, having read the last page, but I definitely don’t know what the f**k anyone is on about. Do adults watch of other folk play games? Is that what’s happening?

I found out a few days ago that a guy I was friends with at school, who has turned into a proper god botherer, doesn’t let his children watch Peppa Pig as Peppa disobeys her father from time to time and it is a bad message to be giving to children.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I found out a few days ago that a guy I was friends with at school, who has turned into a proper god botherer, doesn’t let his children watch Peppa Pig as Peppa disobeys her father from time to time and it is a bad message to be giving to children.

Spoiler: the series ends with her being sent to the slaughterhouse for it. It'll be fine. 

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

He's maybe only seen the Scottish version on youtube.

Can’t say it gets on my nerves, having read the last page, but I definitely don’t know what the f**k anyone is on about. Do adults watch of other folk play games? Is that what’s happening?
I have a console and will sometimes watch games on Twitch if I'm not sure whether I want to buy it or not. Trailers aren't as good to go by because they obviously only show the best bits.

There are some games that are story driven so I can dip in and out of those from time to time as well as it's no different to watching a film in some cases.

.download%20(1).jpeg

I have a console and will sometimes watch games on Twitch if I'm not sure whether I want to buy it or not. Trailers aren't as good to go by because they obviously only show the best bits.

There are some games that are story driven so I can dip in and out of those from time to time as well as it's no different to watching a film in some cases.

Okay, I can appreciate your point re watching before you buy. I think it’s very different to watching a film but you watching someone else play games does me no harm so fill your boots. I just don’t understand why.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Have had a stye on my top eyelid for around a week now. Some fucking size, but will not pop. Can barely see out my right eye due to this monster.

Too much watching Peppa Pig you deviant, burn in hell for all damnation.

(alternatively, rub some gold on it apparently)