Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He'll get his come uppance in jail.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

He'll be cleared. England stars usually are - there were high profile cases involving football and rugby internationals who were acquitted.

When you spend a day in court eloquently expressing what a hero you are to the gay community, and all and you were only defending yourself and others, and are incredibly lucid in your recollection of all events but

Yet the next day you are playing the amnesia card and can't remember ever punching anyone even a jury of friends and family are going to see your a lying cock and convict you.

I've only thought about this today, but I don't see why a lot of small roundabouts are designed to have a lot of foliage in the middle of them. Surely that's more of a hazard because you aren't fully seeing what drivers are coming, where they're indicating etc. until the last few seconds. 

Edited by Rovers2017

4 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

I've only thought about this today, but I don't see why a lot of small roundabouts are designed to have a lot of foliage in the middle of them. Surely that's more of a hazard because you aren't fully seeing what drivers are coming, where they're indicating etc. until the last few seconds. 

A fair point bit alas the foilage is even worse on trunk roads though...

There's a story doing the rounds today about a woman getting detained in Dubai for drinking a glass of wine with her meal on the flight.

Except when you read the story she was actually trying to get into Dubai on an expired visa, then started an argument with border control, and started filming the security in the passport area.

Of course, she's a middle class wid, so they won't use that as the headline.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

He'll be cleared. England stars usually are - there were high profile cases involving football and rugby internationals who were acquitted.

Actually I've just realised he's only facing a charge of affray.

Looking at that video footage again I would have thought the charge would at least have been one of serious assault.

You're probably right - he'll just get a slap on the wrist for this.

There's a story doing the rounds today about a woman getting detained in Dubai for drinking a glass of wine with her meal on the flight.
Except when you read the story she was actually trying to get into Dubai on an expired visa, then started an argument with border control, and started filming the security in the passport area.
Of course, she's a middle class wid, so they won't use that as the headline.

Would be a strange headline in fairness “MIDDLE CLASS WID ARRESTED”

I was looking for a shirt to wear this evening - I am going out for a meal - only to discover that it was in the ironing pile. Not the end of the world, however my wife decided that the best way to put it in said pile is to scrunch it into what can only be described as a ball and then chuck other things on top of it.
This now means it’s going to be nigh on impossible for me to get it crease free.

Pie. Boot. Etc

people who add the suffix "...and I'm not even joking !" to whatever facile drivel they've just told you

i can tell that you're "not joking" by being fortunate enough to possess the mental acuity to have noted that you hadn't actually said anything remotely fucking amusing, you shitting tool....

28 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

I was looking for a shirt to wear this evening - I am going out for a meal - only to discover that it was in the ironing pile. Not the end of the world, however my wife decided that the best way to put it in said pile is to scrunch it into what can only be described as a ball and then chuck other things on top of it.
This now means it’s going to be nigh on impossible for me to get it crease free.

Pie. Boot. Etc

Can't you wear the away top instead?

21 hours ago, Torpar said:

Similar thing happens in my apartment building all the time and annoys me every time. There is a lobby on the ground floor and one of the first floor. The lift comes down to 1 and people get off, then people waiting to go up at 1 get on rather and go down to G instead of waiting on it to come back to 1. Meaning if you are getting off at  G you have to squeeze past these morons to get off or you wait at G to go up, one lift comes down but it's too crowded with people that got on at 1 to get on yourself. Subhuman scum.

People in my building also have a habit of standing right in front of the doors when a lift comes down and seem shocked that someone might actually want to get off before they get on. 

this got on my nerves so much i couldn't finish reading what annoyed you.

block of flats

people who add the suffix "...and I'm not even joking !" to whatever facile drivel they've just told you
i can tell that you're "not joking" by being fortunate enough to possess the mental acuity to have noted that you hadn't actually said anything remotely fucking amusing, you shitting tool....

Or “i’m not being funny, but” usually before proceeding to give a lecture on something tedious.

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

this got on my nerves so much i couldn't finish reading what annoyed you.

block of flats

Maybe Toronto is on a fault line where "block of flats" is considered insensitive.