Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

23 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:
Why do you care?

I couldn't. It's petty. It's what the thread's all about.

That would be the "Things You Don't Care About" thread, surely. This would be the "Things That Bother You For Some Reason, Although You Know They Aren't Actually Very Important" thread.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hit my thumb nail with a hammer a few weeks ago and half of it has now ripped off with the healthy half still hanging in there.

Had a similar situation when i slammed my left index finger in the car door last year.

Its still numb to this day.

I've just read some 'Dundee United banter era' thread on twitter. I think the author assumes that the series of events is somehow noteworthy, interesting or 'great banter, it really is'. In reality, a club made a few poor decisions, sold their better players, got relegated and have fared slightly worse off than you'd probably expect.

In general, this new idea (mainly seen on twitter) that what goes on in Scottish football is absolutely wild and wacky and unparalleled does my head in.

Greek club owner comes onto pitch during game with a handgun. Game gets abandoned

Connor Sammon poses with free pizza. 'OMG. ROFL!!!11!!!1!! Whit are we like?'

Ultras storm Sporting's training ground and attack players.

Graeme Murty does a forward roll. 'Hahaha, you wouldn't get this anywhere else!'

I think you can make a decent argument for Scottish football having more humour and quirks about it than many foreign leagues. For example, there's plenty of mad happenings here in Turkey and the sports tabloids are full of stories (95% of which are about the big four of course) but there's very little in the way of humour from the fans and certainly no self-deprecating humour, even from the diddy teams. Scottish football culture is markedly different from Turkey or even Denmark and although we've far from a monopoly on light-hearted football chat I think we've probably more of it than most.

But I think Scotland (and probably the UK as a whole) does have a problem with people desperate for popularity trying to gain it through humour when they have no capacity for it.

Just now, throbber said:

I tried to rip the healthy half of my nail off yesterday for a bit of symmetry but it wasn’t coming off easily and caused me to bleed quite a lot. I still made work today though.

Your a (storm) trooper throbbs.

44 minutes ago, throbber said:

I tried to rip the healthy half of my nail off yesterday for a bit of symmetry but it wasn’t coming off easily and caused me to bleed quite a lot. I still made work today though.

Which branch of McDonald's do you work in again?

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How to say "as soon as possible" if you're a complete c**t;

Customer: "Hi, can you supply this part?"

Me: "Yes, how many do you need and when do you need it for?"

Customer: "Just one and I need it yesterday".

Was it a flux capacitor?