Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 02/08/2018 at 13:55, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Yep, Hon Hai precision who operate their contract Manufacturing as Foxconn. Their rise in manufacturing has been meteoric, purely by driving cost from manufacturing in clearly unscrupulous ways. The conditions the employees used to have to live and work in were deplorable. Even the offices were the bare essentials to operate. Terry Goa, the owner is a ruthless b*****d and has taken the company from being a small contract manufacturer to being one of the largest contract manufacturers and now also owns brands like Sharp and Linksys.

His latest drive is in robot automation and believes he can dispense with his manufacturing labour force, much to the ire of the Chinese government.

There also the company Trump was negotiating with to bring jobs to the US with Apple production. Not sure how that would really work out.

That was the firm I was thinking of, there was talk of a plant in Wales at some point. Terry Gua looks like a caricature of a movie Triad boss.

594bb8d2e4e08.jpg

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3194294

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That was the firm I was thinking of, there was talk of a plant in Wales at some point. Terry Gua looks like a caricature of a movie Triad boss.

594bb8d2e4e08.jpg

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3194294

I'm sure he's well-complemented by the east Asian Neil Doncaster there

Nipped out in the car on a quick errand and as I forgot my phone, made a rare foray into the world of commercial US radio. First station I picked was playing The Allman brothers, "Whipping Post" so no problem there. Then the DJ (are they still called that?) spoiled it at the wrap up by saying that Greg Allman is without a doubt, and I quote "The best blues guitarist of all time."

Now I mean no disrespect to the late Mr. Allman but really? The best blues guitarist of all time is a white guy? FFS.

When you get up 'really early' but go outside and see hunners of other f***ers showing how easily they can do it, thereby downgrading my own struggle. 
Kenneth Williams pic incoming. The earliest I have to get up for work is about 4am. The struggle for me is the actual getting out of bed. Once I'm up though I'm fine.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

When you get up 'really early' but go outside and see hunners of other f***ers showing how easily they can do it, thereby downgrading my own struggle. 

People like that bang on about how "The early bird catches the worm."

Getting up early didn't do the fucking worm any good, did it?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Kenneth Williams pic incoming. The earliest I have to get up for work is about 4am. The struggle for me is the actual getting out of bed. Once I'm up though I'm fine.

Same here.  I struggle to drag myself out of bed at 8.45am having tossed and turned (another Kenneth Williams pic invitation ) for 2 hours yet was able to jump up at 6am before without a second thought.  I've never been a believer in setting the alarm to go off 10 minutes before getting up time - short sharp shock for me.

People like that bang on about how "The early bird catches the worm."
Getting up early didn't do the fucking worm any good, did it?

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

What's happened to Lilt Zero? Can't find cans of the stuff in any of the supermarkets anymore. Anybody seen any?

People discovered that drain cleaner was cheaper and tasted better

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Seeing other people when I go to work in the morning annoys me in ways I can't describe.

Seeing other people when I go to work in the morning annoys me in ways I can't describe.

Seeing them going home when yer backshift is worse. I start backshifts at 2. See folk going home at various times between 2pm and 7.30pm. All cheery and smiling, rubbing it in that you are still there. c***s, the lot of them.

Seeing them going home when yer backshift is worse. I start backshifts at 2. See folk going home at various times between 2pm and 7.30pm. All cheery and smiling, rubbing it in that you are still there. c***s, the lot of them.
Had I known that's how you felt I would have done it now and again[emoji23]

Would have to agree. I work constant nights now, but have done just about every combination of shifts going. Backshift is the worst by far, it just fucks you up for doing anything. Even simple stuff like watching a live game on TV.