Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Google telling everyone it's someone who I have never heard of 108th birthday. How can it be her birthday she died in 1937. They do this on a regular basis and it regularly pisses me off. :shutup

41 minutes ago, pawpar said:

Google telling everyone it's someone who I have never heard of 108th birthday. How can it be her birthday she died in 1937. They do this on a regular basis and it regularly pisses me off. :shutup

Wid though.

Gerda-Taro-300x290.jpgOr she might be the photographer. image.png.ec33209f91c1efabcd63d0c2bef10fb1.png

Wid her too.

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, throbber said:

Was driving in a 40 earlier and the lights were green but some c**t decided he would just cross the road anyway forcing me to apply he breaks rather firmly to avoid running him over, when I beeped the horn at him he stuck his fingers up at my direction without even turning around.

it's a bittersweet symphony this life.

it's a bittersweet symphony this life.

That’s exactly what it was like, i can understand why you would walk that way through crowds and assume people will get out of your way as you aren’t taking a risk with your life but doing it with traffic is just utter stupidity. I still feel raging about it a day later as well, the guy literally gave me attitude after i harshly applied to brake to avoid causing him at very least life threatening injuries. I could well have been over the limit or using my phone at the time and I would have been the one facing criminal charges.

Colleague: "Dying to get one of those curved TVs"

Me: "Plenty available, why don't you?"

Colleague: "Sony don't make one"

People who are attached to brands and refuse to use anything else are morons. I imagine these are the sort of people who spend about £5 extra on some Piriteze hay fever tablets cause they think they're better than the £1 Asda brand tablets, which are probably made and packaged in the same factory.

18 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The final of that show pulled in 3.6 million viewers. That’s half a typical Eastenders episode. 

20 million watched England beat Sweden. 

minor excitement in Rural East Sussex in that I appear to now be on the MORI poll digital media viewing panel (one of only 5,100 folk, I'll have you know), so what I watch will impact on these figures; i got a forty quid Love2Shop card as a reward - yay...

obviously, it's a "representative cross-section" which is just pro-rated to give an equivalent for country-wide viewing, but expect adjusted figures to soon show that "almost 1% of respondents watched the same 40 second excerpt of a BBC programme about archaeological excavations at Sutton Hoo which featured Dr Alice Roberts climbing out of a trench and affording a brief down-blouse glimpse whilst smiling cheekily at the camera; this clip was immediately repeated up to a dozen times on iPlayer"

(hmmm - (12 x 40)/60 = eight minutes - sounds about right....)

6 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

minor excitement in Rural East Sussex in that I appear to now be on the MORI poll digital media viewing panel (one of only 5,100 folk, I'll have you know), so what I watch will impact on these figures; i got a forty quid Love2Shop card as a reward - yay...

how did that happen - did you have to apply?

1 hour ago, throbber said:

That’s exactly what it was like, i can understand why you would walk that way through crowds and assume people will get out of your way as you aren’t taking a risk with your life but doing it with traffic is just utter stupidity. I still feel raging about it a day later as well, the guy literally gave me attitude after i harshly applied to brake to avoid causing him at very least life threatening injuries. I could well have been over the limit or using my phone at the time and I would have been the one facing criminal charges.

Not sure if serious but taking you at face value you would rightly be facing criminal charges in that instance, you would have no business being on the road while over the limit or using your phone. Whether he walked out in front of you is neither here nor there in those circumstances.

Just now, bobbykdy said:

Not sure if serious but taking you at face value you would rightly be facing criminal charges in that instance, you would have no business being on the road while over the limit or using your phone. Whether he walked out in front of you is neither here nor there in those circumstances.

Throbber would almost certainly be drunk and on his phone sending penis gifs. Doubt he’d even notice the bump as he squashed the person.

10 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

how did that happen - did you have to apply?

no - just got a letter through the post a few weeks back, and a bloke knocked on the door last week to do an initial interview; pretty sure it's just a random thing drawn from a list of TV license payers, maybe registered iPlayer users - that sort of thing; supposedly the data is all gathered anonymously (by way of a cookie that sits on your devices) - certainly hoping that's the case and that Mrs H doesn't intercept a final summary of on-line viewing habits in a few weeks....

Colleague: "Dying to get one of those curved TVs"
Me: "Plenty available, why don't you?"
Colleague: "Sony don't make one"
People who are attached to brands and refuse to use anything else are morons. I imagine these are the sort of people who spend about £5 extra on some Piriteze hay fever tablets cause they think they're better than the £1 Asda brand tablets, which are probably made and packaged in the same factory.
Nah Sony is the best. I don't have an issue with that. There are some things (most things actually) where I couldn't give a shit about brands but I'm a big TV watcher and think Sony is great quality so will only be buying Sony for my livingroom. I have a Sharp in the dining room though.

The biggest issue I have is them wanting a curved TV. An utterly pointless invention IMO.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah Sony is the best. I don't have an issue with that. There are some things (most things actually) where I couldn't give a shit about brands but I'm a big TV watcher and think Sony is great quality so will only be buying Sony for my livingroom. I have a Sharp in the dining room though.

The biggest issue I have is them wanting a curved TV. An utterly pointless invention IMO.

I don't mind you picking out the TV you think is the best for your living room, it's clear brands aren't that important to you if you've got a Sharp TV elsewhere. My colleague's point of view was that he couldn't possibly buy anything other than Sony, even when Sony don't have a TV he wants on the market he's refusing to look at what is available. Agree on the curved TV thing, if anything it just hammers home the point that he's a moron.

None of these carlos fandango fancy new tv's (smart, curved or otherwise) costing £1000's will actually make the shite on tv any better to watch though. 

I don't mind you picking out the TV you think is the best for your living room, it's clear brands aren't that important to you if you've got a Sharp TV elsewhere. My colleague's point of view was that he couldn't possibly buy anything other than Sony, even when Sony don't have a TV he wants on the market he's refusing to look at what is available. Agree on the curved TV thing, if anything it just hammers home the point that he's a moron.

Similar to your antihistamine analogy, I read a while ago that most LCD screens were either made by Samsung or LG, including Sony.

Similar to your antihistamine analogy, I read a while ago that most LCD screens were either made by Samsung or LG, including Sony. 

Exactly. When you pay more for the branded stuff you are paying extra for the advertising and marketing, nothing more. The exact same stuff from the exact same factories will be available at a cheaper price elsewhere or more than likely in the same shop. In my younger days I used to work in Curry’s and it was obvious from the box exactly who had made the Matsui’s. The Matsui’s were always about £50 cheaper and if you had a look they were the same TVs or whatever than the more expensive ones. Different name tag, though.

And when it comes to the pharmacy they are legally obliged to have the same active ingredients in the cheap ones than the branded stuff. Anyone that buys Nurofen, for example, is a fucking idiot.

You like what you get used to and know your way around. I was pissed off when Sony stopped making laptops and like Sony mobiles best. Panasonic I like for TVs, Bosch for some stuff, Meindl for boots. I never buy fucking Nurofen though, I'm not demented.