Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I downloaded a book on my Kindle on Thursday, was very difficult to put down, quite a few twists and turns, really gripping.  The last 10% of it however was absolutely garbage, just a completely terrible ending and came across as rushed by the author.  Finished it on Saturday evening and I am still annoyed at it.
What was the book?

12 minutes ago, Swarley said:
14 minutes ago, Adam said:
I downloaded a book on my Kindle on Thursday, was very difficult to put down, quite a few twists and turns, really gripping.  The last 10% of it however was absolutely garbage, just a completely terrible ending and came across as rushed by the author.  Finished it on Saturday evening and I am still annoyed at it.

What was the book?

Little Black Lies.  Set on the Falklands and involves children going missing.  The storyline was really good, but the ending was absolutely dreadful.

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

I read something years ago that the crew would turn the heat up to try and encourage passengers to sleep to give them an easier shift.

That would be easier if the c***s ever stopped announcements to allow you to drift into a sweaty, nauseous coma.

6 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Why do aeroplanes have to be so hot they make you uncomfortable?

It's because you're closer to the sun

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

The main thing is you did your best :P

Not really. It's three strikes and I'm out. I've another 11 weeks of this and we average two exams a week. It's a bit early to be using one of my 'lifes' :o

Kate Tempest, with her spoken-word rap-hop poetry in it's miserable faux-cockney and cheekily ill-educated style - rather than being a "gorgeous stream of words springing from a pictorial imagination which sear themselves into your consciousness" - is just fucking shite

Edited by Herman Hessian

41 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Not really. It's three strikes and I'm out. I've another 11 weeks of this and we average two exams a week. It's a bit early to be using one of my 'lifes' :o

Sounds like you should be studying harder at not fannying about on P&B. 

Love Island. It's not news. Stop reporting on it as if it's a cultural phenomenon.
It's fucking unavoidable and from the clips I've seen it isn't even remotely interesting or entertaining. Big Brother, for all the arseholes on it, has produced has some spectacular, mostly unscripted moments in the past. Love Island is just boring shite.

56 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Love Island. It's not news. Stop reporting on it as if it's a cultural phenomenon.

29 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:
56 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's fucking unavoidable and from the clips I've seen it isn't even remotely interesting or entertaining. Big Brother, for all the arseholes on it, has produced has some spectacular, mostly unscripted moments in the past. Love Island is just boring shite.

It's not a petty thing.  These programmes are successful because huge numbers of young people watch them.  Brain dead young people.  

When I was young(er) all the programmes about 'the future' showed an intelligent, educated populous.  We don't have that; we have arseholes who watch these programmes and think they're relevant.