Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, Slenderman said:
T-rex2.jpg&key=5188c99691b35264407cf5665278b3b4a8db10f162feddf2e7e5db4c034f8006

On another note, that message has reminded me of a kind of OCD/safe habit I've got. When I overtake on the motorway I don't pull back in until I can see the car in my rear view mirror (as well as my wing mirror).

I'm OCD with checking before overtaking on the motorway also. Better safe than deid.

Just now, whiskychimp said:

He's doing 90, not 88 in a Delorean.

Anyone notice that they didn't need to go to 88mph? Doc got struck by lightening  & it activated the flux capacitor.

Also there were two DeLoreans in 1885. Doc's one in the cave with fuel & the one Marty went back with which had time circuits repaired.

On another note, that message has reminded me of a kind of OCD/safe habit I've got. When I overtake on the motorway I don't pull back in until I can see the car in my rear view mirror (as well as my wing mirror).
That's how I was taught, makes complete sense. I never try to be the arsehole who pulls back in right in front of someone.

It’s amazing how on this very thread thousands of posts have been taken up by how shite “other” people are at driving, yet apparently the very people who complain will trust all these eedjits to “do the right thing” as they fly towards them at 90mph. Just so they can save a minute or two getting where they are going.

It’s amazing how on this very thread thousands of posts have been taken up by how shite “other” people are at driving, yet apparently the very people who complain will trust all these eedjits to “do the right thing” as they fly towards them at 90mph. Just so they can save a minute or two getting where they are going.
You have to trust other drivers though, we all do. Think how fucking weird it would be if you didn't.

I, like most folk, try to anticipate when a mistake might be made - but driving is always going to involve an element of risk.

Speeding obviously increases the chance of an accident (as well as the seriousness of said accident) - but there are plenty of times when you can drive fast safely.

Ultimately it's about being in complete control of the car.

You have to trust other drivers though, we all do. Think how fucking weird it would be if you didn't.

I, like most folk, try to anticipate when a mistake might be made - but driving is always going to involve an element of risk.

Speeding obviously increases the chance of an accident (as well as the seriousness of said accident) - but there are plenty of times when you can drive fast safely.

I’ll be honest. I don’t trust a single fucker when I’m on the road. I’m cautious as f**k. I think people don’t appreciate how dangerous some of the situations they are in. It’s like they’re locked in a wee ‘safe’ box where nothing can possibly go wrong. And if it does as long as it isn’t ‘my fault’ then everything is OK.

My ranting on this thread is purely due to wishing everyone would realise that one little mistake can get you and others in serious problems.

A girl I knew died in a car accident a year or two ago. She was an avid texter, and didn’t give a f**k about the laws on that because she ‘knew what she was doing’. Died in a head on collision with a lorry near Dumfries. As well as her family and friends the poor b*****d lorry driver has to live with that too.

The laws are there for good reason, and ignoring them because you think you’re brilliant at driving shouldn’t be an option IMO.

42 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Unfortunately other drivers, unforeseen road conditions and deluded confidence can come into play.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sorry but why wouldnt you give them a flash or beep the horn, both are used to indicate a hazard so I fail to see why you were worried the police would have an issue with it?

Once I was behind him with the police behind me I sat for about 30 secs expecting the police to speed by and pull arsehole over.

I’ll be honest. I don’t trust a single fucker when I’m on the road. I’m cautious as f**k. I think people don’t appreciate how dangerous some of the situations they are in. It’s like they’re locked in a wee ‘safe’ box where nothing can possibly go wrong. And if it does as long as it isn’t ‘my fault’ then everything is OK.

My ranting on this thread is purely due to wishing everyone would realise that one little mistake can get you and others in serious problems.

A girl I knew died in a car accident a year or two ago. She was an avid texter, and didn’t give a f**k about the laws on that because she ‘knew what she was doing’. Died in a head on collision with a lorry near Dumfries. As well as her family and friends the poor b*****d lorry driver has to live with that too.

The laws are there for good reason, and ignoring them because you think you’re brilliant at driving shouldn’t be an option IMO.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend joey. These are always absolutely tragic cases where it seems so needless and unfair, for everyone involved.

I can't agree more on the use of phones. I've said it already but I think that a lack of focus and concentration is the most dangerous aspect of driving.

Welshbairn is also right, that you can be in complete control of your car and still be taken out by someone else.

In the end it's a percentage game, and there's always a risk - with some drivers taking much more than others.

I've just realised there's nothing petty about any of this.

So to get back on track my missus is currently squeezing a spot whilst lying next to me in bed. (Actually that's not petty either, it's fucking disgusting).

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

So to get back on track my missus is currently squeezing a spot whilst lying next to me in bed. (Actually that's not petty either, it's fucking disgusting).

Damned right it's disgusting. A real spouse would be getting wired into their partner's pluke with the cotton wool and antiseptic wipes.

Honestly, how are you going to cope when she's ancient and raddled, and can't wipe her own arse anymore?  :rolleyes:

Damned right it's disgusting. A real spouse would be getting wired into their partner's pluke with the cotton wool and antiseptic wipes.
Honestly, how are you going to cope when she's ancient and raddled, and can't wipe her own arse anymore?  :rolleyes:
After a couple of glasses of wine she can barely wipe her own arse anyway.

But what the f**k does raddled mean?

After a couple of glasses of wine she can barely wipe her own arse anyway.

But what the f**k does raddled mean?

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Tell her to squeeze one of her own.