Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

f**k off. And make sure you stay in the inside lane unless you're actively overtaking.

Oh come on! There’s that much slow moving traffic and lorries on the road that you’d be in and out the fast lane (or middle lane) all the time. Far easier to just hog the middle lane or fast lane while going 70 mph. Give any angry people who tailgate you a smile and a wee wave and keep in that lane for a few more minutes before pulling in to the slow lane briefly, but only if you feel like it.

Oh come on! There’s that much slow moving traffic and lorries on the road that you’d be in and out the fast lane (or middle lane) all the time. Far easier to just hog the middle lane or fast lane while going 70 mph. Give any angry people who tailgate you a smile and a wee wave and keep in that lane for a few more minutes before pulling in to the slow lane briefly, but only if you feel like it.
w****r.

I dislike the w****r drivers who still drive at 40mph up my street, even though it’s meant to be 20mph now. There are signs up, there are kids playing on the pavement, but no, they can’t even be fucked changing in any way. Not even by reducing down to 30mph. I blame that curly haired nonce Clarkson.

I'd be hoping you'll be playing with god soon if you did that in front of me.

Generally I do pull in. I’m quite a courteous driver. I use my mirrors and keep aware of what’s happening.

What I find fascinating is the behaviour of people on three lane (or 4 lane) motorway, such as on the M74. People seem reluctant to use the third lane for overtaking. Not sure why, but you see them tailgating people in the middle lane rather than just using the third lane to overtake.

That the Art School now seems to be referred to solely as "The Mack" by the BBC now.  I've never heard it called that before.
Its like Wimbledon is SW19. Must be the only sports venue that is referred to by the 1st part of its post code.

1 minute ago, capybara said:
19 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
That the Art School now seems to be referred to solely as "The Mack" by the BBC now.  I've never heard it called that before.

Its like Wimbledon is SW19. Must be the only sports venue that is referred to by the 1st part of its post code.

It's like when West Ham were in their last season at Upton Park and the BBC, amongst others, decided that it had to be referred to as the Boleyn Ground.  Admittedly that was it's proper name, but not one that anyone ever used in my memory. 

Generally I do pull in. I’m quite a courteous driver. I use my mirrors and keep aware of what’s happening.

What I find fascinating is the behaviour of people on three lane (or 4 lane) motorway, such as on the M74. People seem reluctant to use the third lane for overtaking. Not sure why, but you see them tailgating people in the middle lane rather than just using the third lane to overtake.
I was only jesting, that is wierd. That's why the other two lanes are there.

I dislike the w****r drivers who still drive at 40mph up my street, even though it’s meant to be 20mph now. There are signs up, there are kids playing on the pavement, but no, they can’t even be fucked changing in any way. Not even by reducing down to 30mph. I blame that curly haired nonce Clarkson.
I like to go fast on duals/motorways when it's safe to do so. I'm not in auto pilot mode or daydreaming - just concentrating on getting to my destination as fast as possible. Not too sensible, I know.

But I make a point of never doing the same in a built up area. There are a couple of 30 roads where I'll speed because it's wide open road with no parked cars and plenty of visibility. But heavily built up areas are just a no no.

The prospect of killing a child due to the fact that they just ran out is genuinely terrifying. I felt like this before I had my two but now I get it even more.

45 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Looks like it will be a while before it makes a return.

Spoiler

There's your headline when it does though.

Image result for mark morrison gif

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

1 hour ago, capybara said:

It's like when West Ham were in their last season at Upton Park and the BBC, amongst others, decided that it had to be referred to as the Boleyn Ground.  Admittedly that was it's proper name, but not one that anyone ever used in my memory. 

And Barcelona play in the Camp Nou. 

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

just concentrating on getting to my destination as fast as possible. Not too sensible, I know.

This is something I've never understood (I appreciate you acknowledge it's not the most sensible approach here).  Unless you've got a pregnant woman about to drop her wean or someone dying from severe blood loss in your car, is there really any good reason that people need to get where they're going "as fast as they can"?  I've lost count of the times I've watched wankers speed by me at 80 or 90 only to get to the next junction and see them sitting at the lights in front of me. Leave in plenty of time and get there safely rather than quickly seems the most sensible option to me.

This is something I've never understood (I appreciate you acknowledge it's not the most sensible approach here).  Unless you've got a pregnant woman about to drop her wean or someone dying from severe blood loss in your car, is there really any good reason that people need to get where they're going "as fast as they can"?  I've lost count of the times I've watched wankers speed by me at 80 or 90 only to get to the next junction and see them sitting at the lights in front of me. Leave in plenty of time and get there safely rather than quickly seems the most sensible option to me.
80 isn't really speeding though is it...

And yeah there's plenty of time when it doesn't help at all - but the percentages will show that sometimes they'll makes it through the lights ahead of you.

I think it's the time wasting part I don't like. I want to get the job done as soon as possible, bit safely obviously.

I think an awful lot of accidents happen when drivers are in auto pilot mode. They're not going particularly fast and concentrating on something else other than the road ahead. I've done it plenty of times myself, and that's where I tend to make stupid mistakes.

When on the motorway I'm going fast but at least I'm concentrating fully.

Mods please

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

80 isn't really speeding though is it...

And yeah there's plenty of time when it doesn't help at all - but the percentages will show that sometimes they'll makes it through the lights ahead of you.

I think it's the time wasting part I don't like. I want to get the job done as soon as possible, bit safely obviously.

I think an awful lot of accidents happen when drivers are in auto pilot mode. They're not going particularly fast and concentrating on something else other than the road ahead. I've done it plenty of times myself, and that's where I tend to make stupid mistakes.

When on the motorway I'm going fast but at least I'm concentrating fully.

Well the limit is 70, so aye. They sometimes make it through the lights and get to their destination maybe 2 or 3 minutes quicker?  It's just not worth it IMO.  I just don't see why speeding is necessary on any road. Of course concentration is a big factor, but the speed of cars (and not keeping safe distances at those speeds) are a huge factor in road accidents.