Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A genuine entrepreneur would sell it for a fiver and pocket the pound with no repercussions. Or if he was going to try and scam his employer just pocket the £4. Why on earth would he give some random a £3 discount whether he was going to pocket it or not? That's a rhetorical question of course..

The high price is set with other sellers around the course plus the customer doesn't come back for more with the already high price.

21 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

So he has to wait around while you drink the contents (opening it some other way than by the ringpull) and then  returns the empty can as proof of 'damage in transit'?

I'm not normally a fan of P&B groupthink, but in your case I'll make an exception.  You're a rocket.

Empty cans everywhere it's a gin fest

I don’t think don’t think Willy has thought this one through.
Surprised tbh.

Willy probably tried to explain to the guy that money and resources don’t matter to beverage companies similar to football clubs and this should be getting it for free.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Empty cans everywhere it's a gin fest

You should just get a gig with that company then.  Sell some and pocket the cash, drink some for yourself, then pick up enough empties to justify the 'takings' that you hand back in.

You'll have a seat in the House of Lords in no time.

The council shoved a letter through the door saying the neighbours are getting a new roof and scaffolding would need to go on our land. Fair enough. We're a bought hoose they're a cooncil. 

The letter just said this was happening, common courtesy would have been to ask permission. I phoned and the woman from the council said she didn't need permission and that I have to move things (plants, trampoline etc) in order for them to get the scaffolding onand that they need to cut away the fence panel which is ours. The petty bugger in me wants to throw a spanner in the works just because she was a cock. 

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

You should just get a gig with that company then.  Sell some and pocket the cash, drink some for yourself, then pick up enough empties to justify the 'takings' that you hand back in.

You'll have a seat in the House of Lords in no time.

It's all about helping the guys on the min wage if it wasn't there would you pay the 4 quid for a wee can of pink gin?

I used to work in a bank,  got asked by dumbasses like this all the time "Are you never tempted to just pocket a £20 every now and again?"

I'm like Yeah, that £20 will really keep me going when I get the sack, and struggling to get another job because I have a rep for petty theft.  Jeezo man.

I used to work in a bank,  got asked by dumbasses like this all the time "Are you never tempted to just pocket a £20 every now and again?"
I'm like Yeah, that £20 will really keep me going when I get the sack, and struggling to get another job because I have a rep for petty theft.  Jeezo man.

Even more astonishing is the amount of people who actually pull this crap.

There was a guy at my work years ago who was frequently getting taxi drivers to bump up the fare on his taxi receipt so he could claim it on expenses and make a small profit.

He got found out, sacked and lost his chartered status with little prospect of a new job.

His little scam made him about £15 quid I think.

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's all about helping the guys on the min wage

Then pay the going rate and give the boy a tip.  That's how most bars around the world have operated for hundreds of years you f***ing cheapskate.

53 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The high price is set with other sellers around the course plus the customer doesn't come back for more with the already high price.

No, the folk doing the selling won't be setting the price. Also since they're presumably not working on commission I doubt it matters if they don't sell out. I imagine at such events though that they will usually sell absolutely loads, despite the high price.

36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's all about helping the guys on the min wage if it wasn't there would you pay the 4 quid for a wee can of pink gin?

How is it helping them? Do you even know what the minimum wage is?

Also have you just seriously asked 'if it wasn't there would you pay for it?'?!

That can apply to absolutely everything. I'm stopping by at Tesco on the way home for some bread. If it isn't there I won't pay for it.

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Then pay the going rate and give the boy a tip.  That's how most bars around the world have operated for hundreds of years you f***ing cheapskate.

This.

Edited by DA Baracus

Can't buy a pink gin  and mixer in a Wetherspoons for under £3, yet is evidently seething about paying less than a pound more for this speciality drink inside an events tent at a televised professional golf tournament... in Gullane.

... then goes onto an internet forum to complain about none of the minimum wage staff stealing stock just for him.

spieth.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter