Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Pedestrians walking on the road when there’s a  pavement available

Drivers parking partly on the pavement , leaving very little room for pedestrians to use , especially ones with a pram

When I was a kid we were out playing all day in the summer holidays but with no coaching because the schools, clubs etc closed down too. Don't think this has changed.
I was out playing football every day too. Didn't stop me being utter pish.

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Morbidly obese people drinking diet fizzy drinks. Yer fooling nobody, fatty.

These monstrosities are responsible for the death of Irn Bru, and possibly the next restaurant employee that tells me they only have diet drinks. 

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You will agree that it is a factor.  I'm pissed off that Iceland can qualify for the World Cup Finals and Croatia can get to the finals and we are nowhere it.

I'm sure everybody said the same during 74-90, when Scotland did well. In another 80 or so years it'll  be our turn again. You've got that to loo...never mind.

Watching the world cup and realising what a middle class event this is.

What kind of cash would you need to spend days/weeks in Russia, tickets, travel and food?

When I seen the English fans celebrating and the Croats too all I seen was a bunch of hooray Henry types more suited to Cricket.

It's sad that none of the celebrations have looked unsafe and similar to the baws oot of the Scotland fans when Griffiths put in that 2nd 13 months ago.

I do enjoy a good crowd going mental scene.

ETA the next 1 is going to be 10X worse in a place where people love to show how much cash they have.

Edited by Gaz FFC

14 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Aye, but they hardly ever show that sort of scene now. Instead , they usually focus on only one or two fans , or  cut to  the manager of the team that’s scored. Much better if they showed a wider shot of the fans going mental , to capture the whole spectacle

Gets on my nerves that does

Watching the world cup and realising what a middle class event this is.
What kind of cash would you need to spend days/weeks in Russia, tickets, travel and food?
When I seen the English fans celebrating and the Croats too all I seen was a bunch of hooray Henry types more suited to Cricket.
It's sad that none of the celebrations have looked unsafe and similar to the baws oot of the Scotland fans when Griffiths put in that 2nd 13 months ago.

After the game - I’m not sure whether it was the ITV panel or the subsequent ITV news - showed approximately 4 seconds of footage from Belgrade where the Croats were going crazy. Full on mosh pit level rammy and flares everywhere. It looked brilliant. Scary as f**k to be in the middle of it but great nonetheless.

Better than the sanitised happy clappers that have paid hundreds of pounds for tickets.

I reckon it’d probably cost somewhere between £5k - £10k per person to follow your team through the group stages of a W.C
Taking into account flights and ancillary transport in country, accommodation, tickets, food and of course plenty bevvy. Also the fact that virtually every business is profiteering like f**k due to the captive audience.

Mad that some folk take the whole family.

Folk using the cinema as a creche.

Went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom today and there was a family who let their small kid just run around at the bottom of the screen, making noise (they had a couple of older kids who were obviously there to actually see the film, and despite a little of bit talking during it and on occasion being utilising as a wrangler for the toddler, they were fine). They even sat on the bottom of the steps to stop her getting up them (but blocking folk getting past them). I was waiting for the wee kid (and she must have been about 2, possibly younger) setting off the fire alarm by doing something to the fire exit, which she was playing about with a few times. The parents were even letting crawl about the first couple of rows. Cinema floors are manky as f**k.

Of course as the film is a 12A with loud noises and terrifying dinosaurs in it, the wee kid was terrified and started wailing loudly. She had to be taken out, and was out of the screen for what I estimate must have been about 40 minutes. Sadly the dad brought her back in to start the routine all over again.

I was of course seething. Shite parenting. Hope they enjoy the poor wee traumatised lassie waking them every night with nightmares of being eaten by a huge scary b*****d dinosaur.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom today and there was a family who let their small kid just run around at the bottom of the screen, making noise (they had a couple of older kids who were obviously there to actually see the film, and despite a little of bit talking during it and on occasion being utilising as a wrangler for the toddler, they were fine). They even sat on the bottom of the steps to stop her getting up them (but blocking folk getting past them). I was waiting for the wee kid (and she must have been about 2, possibly younger) setting off the fire alarm by doing something to the fire exit, which she was playing about with a few times. The parents were even letting crawl about the first couple of rows. Cinema floors are manky as f**k.

Of course as the film is a 12A with loud noises and terrifying dinosaurs in it, the wee kid was terrified and started wailing loudly. She had to be taken out, and was out of the screen for what I estimate must have been about 40 minutes. Sadly the dad brought her back in to start the routine all over again.

I was of course seething. Shite parenting. Hope they enjoy the poor wee traumatised lassie waking them every night with nightmares of being eaten by a huge scary b*****d dinosaur.

Probably how long she took to wreck the wee amusements bit in the cinema.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Probably how long she took to wreck the wee amusements bit in the cinema.

Never checked.

If only there were things right beside the cinema one of the parents could have taken the wee one to, such a nice playpark or special wee outside area...

There are both of these things right beside Cineworld in Dundee

On 7/12/2018 at 17:44, The Golden God said:

Pink Gin. It wasn't a thing till like a year ago so why do all women act like it's the only thing they can drink?

They're nothing more than 'fashion' drinkers. Years ago it was mexican pissy beer with a lime in the neck. This week it's pink gin, next week it'll be something else. 

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Seems parents are just generally c***s of the highest order and don't think about what they're inflicting on other people.

If you were to swear loudly and act the lout infront of the Christ child I'm assuming they'd have plenty to say yet there they are ruining everyone else's good time that they've paid for.