Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

US television's Olympic coverage has been on for precisely 39 minutes and I'm already sick of hearing how the Russians were busted for doping. Because here in the USA our doping takes place under the private enterprise system rather than being state sponsored so we have the moral high ground.

9 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Why would I get emptied? I didnt say anything wrong. You might not like it, but it's in no way anything other than a lovely father daughter moment with a funny ending.

The guy's who made inappropriate comments, I'd have binned in a second. 

Whilst I agree that you shouldn't be banned, there are however things that should remain unsaid!

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

US television's Olympic coverage has been on for precisely 39 minutes and I'm already sick of hearing how the Russians were busted for doping. Because here in the USA our doping takes place under the private enterprise system rather than being state sponsored so we have the moral high ground.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're ALL at it to be honest, and with various sponsors and sporting manufacturers compliant in aiding it and covering it up.

TBH the bank being overprotective of your account can be a pain in the backside when trying to buy stuff you don’t usually buy. I remember I had to phone them up about a year ago cos I was buying something online that cost £150, and they said that was “irregular activity” on my account[emoji38]

4 ATM transactions from a credit card four days on the trot in Cape Town seems to be fair game though, as I found out when I got my credit card statement last month.

38 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Toddlerva........ maybe not

A lot of people, myself included, have posted things on here which have made an utter c**t of themselves. Believe me when I say continuing to reference it or trying to make out nothing was wrong and everyone else was wrong isn't going to help. Draw a line under it, stop referencing it, and move on. Or are you happy for the attention, as it's "fun" as you so unbelievably put it?

12 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Heard a Canadian reporter taking the moral high ground about Russians doping and suggesting Canada would never lower themselves to that level, no mention of this guy in his report though...

Benj.jpg

The Executive Team at my soon-to-be-ex company appear to be in competition to see which of them can play the biggest role in running the firm into the ground. In fifteen years, I've never known morale to be so low or seen so many people looking to get out.

However, fear not. They have just announced a new programme to remind everyone how much fun they're having by spending most of their waking hours at work. Once a month, the non-home based people will be allowed...nay encouraged to come into the office wearing their favourite track suit or other leisure wear. Is that going to be fun or what? You may not have time to get to the gym, or take a walk outdoors but you will have the spirit crushing experience of seeing a bunch of cubicle dwellers waddling around in nylon, spandex and polyester.

On another note, which might be more suited as a RTBC; one of the larger clients is expressing concern that a project appears to be spiralling out of control. And with good reason, because it is.

"Who can help us in this hour of need?" comes the cry.
"Shotgun can! He's the very boy."
"Sure" responds our hero "But remember, I'm gettin' laid off. Next Friday is my last day."
"OhmyGod, really? Who's going to help us after you're gone?"
"Yes, indeed." 

Yup. Still bitter about it.