Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Gymnastics! Daughter broke her arm doing a cartwheel last night, supposed to be going on holiday on Tuesday, cancelled!

Gutter. Happened to us a few years ago. Luckily the insurance paid out no bother and we managed to get away later in the year.

I almost got thrown out the smithsonian last year for posing for a picture infront of a Trump exhibit with my thumbs down, some old woman complained and told me to go back to Ireland, cow.

Hopefully you got at least one boot to her pie before your deportation?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

There has got to be a way or at least a balance, to not get bogged down by ironing and not being an absolute mink.

There is. It involves getting someone else to do it.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

There has got to be a way or at least a balance, to not get bogged down by ironing and not being an absolute mink.

Wash it, dry it on a washing line, put it on a hanger.

Yep, that's nonsense. You obviously just go about looking like a student who can't be arsed.

Shake the shirt a couple of times before hanging it up, make sure it is hung up perfectly, and it'll be fine. Doesn't work with all shirts, cotton ones for example, but works perfectly for my work shirts. Just taken one straight off the rack and it's perfect. The only bits that aren't are the arms but I'll either have them under a jacket or more likely have them rolled up anyway.

58 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Shake the shirt a couple of times before hanging it up, make sure it is hung up perfectly, and it'll be fine. Doesn't work with all shirts, cotton ones for example, but works perfectly for my work shirts. Just taken one straight off the rack and it's perfect. The only bits that aren't are the arms but I'll either have them under a jacket or more likely have them rolled up anyway.

OFTW.

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

Short sleeve with a tie - concern
Long sleeve rolled up, no tie (unless the boss happens to make an appearance) - fine

Off topic, but what happened to your original account?

19 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Oh Jesus not again, there's always something. On route back to Edinburgh after a wedding where I drank far too much, really just want to get home and lain flat on the sofa with lucozade and coffee as soon as possible, if I'm held up further because of people who like to cycle or run or stupid things like that I won't be impressed.

If you're drunk it's best to stick to the back roads anyway.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

As people keep suggesting in the Viz letters column, give your shirts to Oxfam. They'll wash and iron them, then you can buy them back all fresh and ready to wear.

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

That ancestry DNA bullshit.

It's absolute snakeoil as anyone with half an iota of knowledge of genetics will tell you.

Must confess, after seeing the advert I did consider doing it for a laugh. Until I checked their website and found that it costs eighty-five quid a time.

2 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Couples who shake off their kids and go out for their tea but refer to it as a 'date night'. f**k off!

Agreed.

I can't help but get the impression that these couples maybe feel like things aren't as good as before and have to revert back to how it was at the beginning to try and spice up there mundane relationship.

Could be over-analysing things though.