Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That fucking Grammarly ad currently plaguing YouTube, featuring some illiterate c**t called Lily, who blagged her way into a job as a "Social Media Manager" despite communicating by slamming her vacant face against a keyboard until some app converts the random input into something approximating a coherent sentence.

The folk she works with seem like a bunch of useless shitgibbons too, and probably use most of the terms on the Corporate Speak Nonsense thread.

While having sex.

With a piece of office equipment.

I never offer workies anything.
You're there to work, not to skive off and drink my water.
Get on with it.

I like to tell them to help themselves to coffee, pointing at my array of bafflingly poncey coffee pots/devices and enjoy seeing their jaws slacken.

3 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Customers juice not good enough for ye?

Not when all I want is a drink of water. 

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I never offer workies anything.

You're there to work, not to skive off and drink my water.
Get on with it.

You sound like my perfect customer. Say hello to me when I arrive, tell me what you want done and f**k-off and leave me in peace to get on with it, and of course. pay me promptly when I finish. No constant interruptions until I'm finished. I don't want to be bezzy mates with customers or listen to their idle chit-chat. As for those who let their sprogs run around getting in the way of me working, babysitting isn't included in the price so keep them out of my way. If your young delinquent son picks up my drill and starts boring holes in your furniture don't blame me (actually happened), his behaviour is your responsibility.  A good job is guaranteed, social niceties are a bonus.

We were working on the outside of an old ladies house one winter day and she came out and offered me an orange, I politely declined, then she asked my mate if he wanted one and he told her no thanks, it's too cold for an orange, so she asked if he wanted a half and his face lit up, 'I'll take a half' he said, so she told him to hang on til she goes and gets a knife.

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

We were working on the outside of an old ladies house one winter day and she came out and offered me an orange, I politely declined, then she asked my mate if he wanted one and he told her no thanks, it's too cold for an orange, so she asked if he wanted a half and his face lit up, 'I'll take a half' he said, so she told him to hang on til she goes and gets a knife.

Think I saw that film. Did they ever find your mate's body?

I deal with tradesmen simply. When they first arrive I ask if they need anything. If they say no magic. If they say yes then I get them it within reason, then say if you do need anything let me know, then they're left to get on with it. 

If I'm getting work done at my house, I'll tend to hire a mate to do the work. They can help themselves to drinks etc and I'll usually get them something for their lunch. Always let them in, then get the f**k out of the house and let them get on with it.
Even mates, chances are they don't want to be there any longer than they need to be.

7 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Folk that wear their usual work clothes in the office on dress down Fridays...not got a pair of jeans and a tshirt? Weirdos.

Today I am resplendent in jeans and a t-shirt with my boss sitting opposite me in a suit (hopefully thinking I am battering out E Mails to clients).

Today I am resplendent in jeans and a t-shirt with my boss sitting opposite me in a suit (hopefully thinking I am battering out E Mails to clients).

There could be some mitigating circumstances (i.e. Client meetings, board meetings) but most folk who do it are just weird. I don't get it, is it supposed to be impressive? That guy must be important, he even wears his white short sleeves shirt on a Friday..? So petty, really infuriating the more I think about it.