Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Asking for change of a fiver in a shop to be told "wur no allowed tae open the till"
Aye you are, ya hatchet faced boot. 

Tbf when I worked in a pub, only the mangers had the code to open the till, so she may well have been correct. That said I learnt their code within 2 days and didn't care for the rules like that.

I hated when folk asked for change when I worked in a pub. What made it worse is that the folk who ran it did so terribly meaning we often had very little change anyway and folk were sent to try and swap a load of notes at the bookies for coins.

Not that I gave folk change (I mean without anything being purchased) anyway. It was usually utter jakeballs who engaged in this sort of behaviour. It's a bit cheeky as well.

Also Knightswood, change to pay someone from a fiver? Why not just give them the fiver this time ya tight hoor? Hardly a fortune

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I hated when folk asked for change when I worked in a pub. What made it worse is that the folk who ran it did so terribly meaning we often had very little change anyway and folk were sent to try and swap a load of notes at the bookies for coins.

Not that I gave folk change (I mean without anything being purchased) anyway. It was usually utter jakeballs who engaged in this sort of behaviour. It's a bit cheeky as well.

Also Knightswood, change to pay someone from a fiver? Why not just give them the fiver this time ya tight hoor? Hardly a fortune

You know I'm paying them more than a fiver, aye?

46 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You know I'm paying them more than a fiver, aye?

Erm...yes, of course I do!

I genuinely thought you were paying them something appalling like £3

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

How did the bookie feel about folk coming in and asking for change?

Just now, GordonD said:

How did the bookie feel about folk coming in and asking for change?

Not good from what I heard (I refused to do it). It was more than one that was used, so there was someone just firing around Dunfermline town centre with a load of cash. Dodgy as f**k. The lazy b*****d owners even sent some of the young lassies who worked there to do it a couple of times (not on my shift though, or else I would have at least went with them).

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Scooped a shit load of drink last night when my Mrs was out and I am rough as f**k and utterly worthless tofsy

Standard Wednesday night in the throbber household.