Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I could be wrong here but is there not some kind of 7 year cycle for your body, I'm sure I've read about it somewhere. Basically it involves changes to your body and can be the reason why people wake up one day to hay fever or "grow out" of asthma.

No idea. I suffered from hay fever from my early 20s until I moved to Australia in my mid 30s. Must be different grass pollens here as I don't get it any longer.

24 minutes ago, Swarley said:

No idea. I suffered from hay fever from my early 20s until I moved to Australia in my mid 30s. Must be different grass pollens here as I don't get it any longer.

Pretty sure you're right about different pollens, my wife was told by the doctor to try eating local honeys as that would help build an immunity to the local pollens. The cycle thing has always worried me because I suffer from nothing and I live a fairly unhealthy lifestyle compared to my wife who gets everything, fully expecting to wake up one day and it all hits me at once.

Pretty sure you're right about different pollens, my wife was told by the doctor to try eating local honeys as that would help build an immunity to the local pollens. The cycle thing has always worried me because I suffer from nothing and I live a fairly unhealthy lifestyle compared to my wife who gets everything, fully expecting to wake up one day and it all hits me at once.

Tree pollen, weed pollen and grass pollen are the three categories.

Tree = March to May
Grass= May to July
Weed = June to September

I used to get it in the middle of March and wonder why as I always thought Hay Fever came in the summer. It was a doctor who told me it was likely tree pollen I was allergic to. It's since changed over the 15 years(!) and normally I don't have symptoms until June. So I assume I'm now allergic to weed pollen. I've never been bothered by cut grass tbh.

I've tried all the supposed remedies as well over the years:-

Local honey
Vaseline under nostrils and eyes
All the pills
Head stuck out a window on a country lane (genuinely read that somewhere!)
The machine Lloyds chemist brought out

More than I can remember and nothing works. My only advice to someone is dark shades. Keeping the air and heat off my eyes tends to help. It's a b*****d of a thing and genuinely ruins my summers which is why I prefer winter.

Hayfever sufferers.. I used to have all sorts of sneezing attacks etc and a tip from my granny always helped. Soluble cocodamol. She used to get super strength ones from the docs but I think Boots do a big box of them so you can adjust strength to suit. No idea why it worked but always seemed to sort out and hayfever or general allergic attacks. Tastes good too (the medicine, not my gran). 

Hayfever sufferers.. I used to have all sorts of sneezing attacks etc and a tip from my granny always helped. Soluble cocodamol. She used to get super strength ones from the docs but I think Boots do a big box of them so you can adjust strength to suit. No idea why it worked but always seemed to sort out and hayfever or general allergic attacks. Tastes good too (the medicine, not my gran). 

The Hay Fever probably didn't go away, you most likely didn't notice it because you were high on codeine :lol:

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Pics or GTF.

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

3 hours ago, thomas said:

I first developed hayfever in my early teens, still suffering nearly 40 years later.  

And it's grass pollen, as per @19QOS19's list.  At it's worst in my late teens, if I went Taps Aff during a kickabout in summer, and if I hit the deck, I had itchy blotches for the next hour or so.  Murder.

And it's in UK only, if I go abroad, the symptoms disappear, only to reappear pretty much as soon as I'm off the plane.  Must be the Brexit strain of hayfever that I've got.

8 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

It's almost time for my daughter's ballet show.  Absolute fucking purgatory.

A dad's duty blah blah blah.

The great news is she is only in first half so will use the old my son is tired excuse (he is ready to yawn on command) and exit stage left.

What a time to be alive...

My wife has a good line in brutal honesty. I overheard my daughter asking her this morning if she was coming to watch school sports day. "I sat through four hours of gymnastics competition on Sunday so there's no f****** way I'm hanging about watching three hours of sports day". 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

My wife has a good line in brutal honesty. I overheard my daughter asking her this morning if she was coming to watch school sports day. "I sat through four hours of gymnastics competition on Sunday so there's no f****** way I'm hanging about watching three hours of sports day". 

She has done well.  It really is torture.  I used to put my parents through the pain of BB ones as well.  

I left after junior section luckily for them.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The co-codamol will strip your stomach lining and you'll die of internal bleeding, but your hayfever will be gone.

You know when the window cleaner has been when you're just about to drift off to sleep when the wind picks up and batters the gate that they never close behind them.

Every. Single. Time.

I wash my own windows. Never really understood why it's the one thing that folk seem to hire out.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The co-codamol will strip your stomach lining and you'll die of internal bleeding, but your hayfever will be gone.

She was out walking for miles every day until well into her 90s. Tea, brandy and co-codamol kept her going.