Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Having woken up with a splitting headache, blocked sinuses and a nose that can't decide whether to run or cut off the airway, I think bad AIDS has finally got me.
It's been a pleasure, P&B.

Similar to me, woke up with blocked sinuses and a very sore throat. I've gone for the overdose on readily available drugs and hope that works.

Sounds like hay fever, take an antihistamine both of you.

I don't get hay fever, so it won't do anything. Thanks for the input Dr Throbs though, appreciate it.

I've just got a cold. [emoji23]

I don't get hay fever, so it won't do anything. Thanks for the input Dr Throbs though, appreciate it.

I get what you have described quite a bit and think it's hay fever, wake up with a sharp pain in throat and sinus blocked etc. Also get sore eyes though which is definitely a sign of hay fever.

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I, for one, am glad that my Dumbarton culinary upbringing has never exposed me to such malarky.

^^^ Cooks every meal in his microwave

Far from petty: When you spend ages getting your poorly installed cavity wall insulation to get redone, and the installers turn up with all the kit only to say they can't do it because you have a coal fire, a key point that the recent inspector missed. Not cool (well actually, it is, hence the need for insulation).

Got to love the irony of insulation not being installed because of a big fire not having an extra open hole that will bypass any new insulation.

Anyone have experience of getting additional venting added to a fire btw?

You can get it at any time unfortunately. I got it when I was 12 and was told I'd grow out of it. 15 ruined summers later and it still bothers me big time.

On 1/11/2017 at 09:56, Honest Saints Fan said:

Diagnosed with a frozen shoulder :(

Not a frozen shoulder after all and after doing some physio through the NHS looks like I've torn something in my shoulder. Waiting for an ultrasound appointment now. Could possibly need surgery :( 

5 hours ago, throbber said:

It's not hay fever. As someone who suffers from pretty bad hay fever, this is not it.

It's definitely beyond manflu, and may be in the realm of the real flu, given that I am now sweating buckets and freezing cold. On the plus side, I'm still alive and got sent home from work.

ETA: On the subject of a bouquet garni, it is traditionally stuck up a chicken's arse to give it flavour. 

Edited by Mark Connolly

You can get it at any time unfortunately. I got it when I was 12 and was told I'd grow out of it. 15 ruined summers later and it still bothers me big time.

This. Never suffered from hay fever as a kid but it kicked in during my early twenties. So working in the agricultural sector was an absolute joy during the Summer. [emoji24]

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

This. Never suffered from hay fever as a kid but it kicked in during my early twenties. So working in the agricultural sector was an absolute joy during the Summer. emoji24.png

I could be wrong here but is there not some kind of 7 year cycle for your body, I'm sure I've read about it somewhere. Basically it involves changes to your body and can be the reason why people wake up one day to hay fever or "grow out" of asthma.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:53, Hedgecutter said:

I presume you're on about the folk that evidently just assume that if a line of parked cars are blocking their lane then they're entitled to half the remaining road.

Also add people that think they're entitled to own and clog the stretch of public road / pavement adjacent to their home. I include my own mother in this whereby my mum/step-dad/two brothers had six cars between them and she had a rant at me about how the council said that she was blocking the stretch of busy road in front of the house with four of them. A "Where else am I going to park?" mentality that I also disappointingly heard from a friend recently who was called up for blocking a neighbour's driveway when coming to a party.

This is a constant PTTGOMN for me, driving into my estate is like entering a fucking ski slalom course. It's bad enough when someone is parked on the street so you have to let people by or they have to let you by but then you get idiots who actually park half on the kerb directly across from another car parked half on the kerb so you can barely squeeze through the middle of them, god forbid they need to park more than 5 steps from their front door. The worst part is that every single house has a driveway that holds 2 cars easily and 3 at a push.

As for people blocking someones driveway, not long after I'd moved into my house my next door neighbours were moving in (new houses) and the guy parked across my driveway blocking my car in. I wasn't actually going out anywhere but was so pissed off I decided to go to the bookies just so I could go over and tell him to move it, instantly decided that I was going to hate this guy. Annoyingly, turns out he's a really nice guy and was very apologetic and I had to swallow my rage.