Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

:huh: Admittedly I don't know many Scottish expats here but I've never heard that expression before.

I presume you gave them a swift boot in the chuff?

First I heard it was last year when a girl I know from back home who moved over here got her citizenship and called herself a proud Scozzie on Facebook. Since then I've seen it loads of times on Facebook culminating in a headsgone today. 

Pump it into Google and you'll find Scozzie Squash, Scozzie Plumbing, Scozzie Shindigz and other such shite.

Fucking Scozzie.

First I heard it was last year when a girl I know from back home who moved over here got her citizenship and called herself a proud Scozzie on Facebook. Since then I've seen it loads of times on Facebook culminating in a headsgone today. 
Pump it into Google and you'll find Scozzie Squash, Scozzie Plumbing, Scozzie Shindigz and other such shite.
Fucking Scozzie.

It's just another word for bathers, swimmers, budgie smugglers. "Whit's that? S'cozzie"

5 hours ago, throbber said:

When somebody stands in a doorway and chats to people inside the room and yet looks annoyed when you brush past them to get in or out of said room.

I have a ploy for such an occasion, I just barge through at full pelt and if people get hurt they will have learned a life lesson at the very least.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

When somebody stands in a doorway and chats to people inside the room and yet looks annoyed when you brush past them to get in or out of said room.

YES! I absolutely hate this, so fucking much! It's ludicrously stupid. I've talked to folk in my office about it after they did it and they no longer do it (although some who I haven't given 'the talk' to still do it and I silently seethe every time). A similar one is folk who stand right beside a closed door and talk, meaning folk who want to enter or leave are obstructed. It's just common sense to not do it, and common courtesy. 

At uni once i opened a door and a guy fell to me feet as he was leaning on the other side, he actually got up to square up to me as if i had pushed him over as well. Utter idiot behaviour!

When you buy a steak pie and the there is a big lid of pastry and a pissy little silver foil box underneath with what I hope will be some meat. Should make my own.

When you buy a steak pie and the there is a big lid of pastry and a pissy little silver foil box underneath with what I hope will be some meat. Should make my own.

I was out for dinner last weekend and saw the steak pie option, to which I specifically asked whether it was the type of pie with just a lid or one that came enclosed in pastry. This was a genuine deal breaker for pie vs fajitas. Waitress said it was the enclosed one, and so I chose that.

Meal arrives with a pastry base and floating lid on the steak chunks, which I quickly realised was a slab from what was an enclosed pie earlier that day.

Muchos tragedia. :(

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

YES! I absolutely hate this, so fucking much! It's ludicrously stupid. I've talked to folk in my office about it after they did it and they no longer do it (although some who I haven't given 'the talk' to still do it and I silently seethe every time). A similar one is folk who stand right beside a closed door and talk, meaning folk who want to enter or leave are obstructed. It's just common sense to not do it, and common courtesy. 

I love the notion that you terrify the living piss out of the folk in your office, and they moderate their behaviour accordingly. 

You've told them about the pram, haven't you?

38 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I love the notion that you terrify the living piss out of the folk in your office, and they moderate their behaviour accordingly. 

You've told them about the pram, haven't you?

Hogwash. I just conversed with them civilly and put my points across in a calm and reasonable manner.

And no, I have not shared my invention ideas with them

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hogwash. I just conversed with them civilly and put my points across in a calm and reasonable manner.

And no, I have not shared my invention ideas with them

Maybe you should?