Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

50 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The thought process that Philpy must go through before posts such like this really intrigues me.

He must have thought that the person parking on the middle of the bay was outrageous behavior, and presumed everyone here would agree.

Oh, Philpy!

This is absolutely classic "oh, philpy". He's posted that up assuming everyone will join him in slating this woman, when in fact he's the one who has parked like someone out on their first lesson.

Hilarious.

This is absolutely classic "oh, philpy". He's posted that up assuming everyone will join him in slating this woman, when in fact he's the one who has parked like someone out on their first lesson.
Hilarious.

I can just picture him tomorrow too, one of these guys that'll be going about the workshop moaning about this every time they have a coffee break..

'Aye you'll never guess what happened to me last night when I came ooot the gym..!!!'

Hahah

New security guard at work.

He's a p***k.

He's in his early 50s and about 5'3" but goes on about his time in the army a lot. Was there not a minimum height at that time? Pretty sure he's talking pish. Anyway I digress.

He talks at ye all the fucking time. Like, no matter what yer doing, and if he walks anywhere near ye he'll let out a loud sigh or start tutting or say "Oh deary me... Well I never" in that annoying way. He's PRETENDING to be talking out loud to himself but, really, he's hoping that you will stop whatever you're doing, turn to him, and say "What's up?"

Anyway some of my favourite stories of his so far

• He's offered to clear away the "squatters" (a homeless guy who occasionally sleeps in an abandoned shed at the back of the hospital when it rains) with his dogs and the Trust are "thinking about it".
  • He took his van in to get something done to it and he felt he was being shafted so he went down with his dogs and smashed up the place until the mechanic let him off with not paying.
  • He was one of the first soldiers to march into Stanley after they'd "got rid of the Argies" and had women throwing themselves at him (but was married so never touched them).
  • He's going to start coming into work with his old army backpack so when he does his patrols he can carry 50kg of weights with him to keep himself fit.
  • He was a champion amateur boxer into his 40s

I believe the last one (partially) to be fair. He's got the build of a boxer and his nose is bent six ways from Sunday.
West Ham fan as well. Obviously.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Most folk on here think I am also 33 years older than I really am.

I've seen you referred to as Methuselah on here by cheeky young whippersnappers; so we they deserve some credit for getting so close, surely.

Hilarious.

What gets me is if, as he says, there was a large bush on the other side of the space and he didn't want his car scratched, why didn't he just park one space over? You know, in the one he's encroached in, in the first place?

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Keys in the bowl type party?

Philpy's not daft at swingers partys. Any chancer who's got any ideas of running off with his keys to nick his car is left looking rather foolish when they realise they can't get in the fucking thing.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

He's a p***k.

He's in his early 50s and about 5'3" but goes on about his time in the army a lot. Was there not a minimum height at that time? Pretty sure he's talking pish. Anyway I digress.

He talks at ye all the fucking time. Like, no matter what yer doing, and if he walks anywhere near ye he'll let out a loud sigh or start tutting or say "Oh deary me... Well I never" in that annoying way. He's PRETENDING to be talking out loud to himself but, really, he's hoping that you will stop whatever you're doing, turn to him, and say "What's up?"

• He's offered to clear away the "squatters" (a homeless guy who occasionally sleeps in an abandoned shed at the back of the hospital when it rains) with his dogs and the Trust are "thinking about it".
  • He took his van in to get something done to it and he felt he was being shafted so he went down with his dogs and smashed up the place until the mechanic let him off with not paying.
  • He was one of the first soldiers to march into Stanley after they'd "got rid of the Argies" and had women throwing themselves at him (but was married so never touched them).
  • He's going to start coming into work with his old army backpack so when he does his patrols he can carry 50kg of weights with him to keep himself fit.

I believe the last one (partially) to be fair. He's got the build of a boxer and his nose is bent six ways from Sunday.

The Falklands ended 14/06/82*, 35.5 years ago.

If he is say 51 would have made him 16 at the time. Married and a war hero by 16, What a lad.

I once won a pub quiz as got 3 points for day month and year of the end of the Falklands War, and no-one else did (happened to be my 12th birthday and why I remember it).

He's a p***k.

Surely the nose being next six ways from Sunday (a saying I've never heard until now btw, so credit for that) suggests he wasn't a champion? Boy sounds like a walloper. We used to have a guy come in to my old work like this, but he was forever winning large sums of money that he bought new carpets with. Boy supposedly bought a new carpet every other week if his pish was true.

When you want to see a music video or movie clip on You Tube but who ever has posted it has put some stupid intro or title slide on the front of it. 

You didn't produce anything you twat, you uploaded a clip.  No one is interested in you and your imaginary Production company!

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

1 hour ago, deej said:

Folk that leave parked cars with wipers halfway up the windshield.

Not ok

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed

My car don't do that.

The wipers always park. 

Just as well I suppose. Don't want to be mildly annoying you two. 

1 hour ago, deej said:

Folk that leave parked cars with wipers halfway up the windshield.

Not ok

They're clearly older cars as most modern cars return the wipers to 'base' when you park.  Why would this bother you, though?

I'm determined to deal with the mushrooming of the unnecessary 'pre' though as it's blighting our lives - see my comments earlier re 'pre-sliced' and 'pre-cooked' eg.  I was in London yesterday and asked how we'd deal with possible objections to our proposal.  A guy I work with said, "I have some pre-prepared replies".  Jesus f**k!

Edited by The_Kincardine

They're clearly older cars as most modern cars return the wipers to 'base' when you park.  Why would this bother you, though?
I'm determined to deal with the mushrooming of the unnecessary 'pre' though as it's blighting our lives - see my comments earlier re 'pre-sliced' and 'pre-cooked' eg.  I was in London yesterday and asked how we'd deal with possible objections to our proposal.  A guy I work with said, "I have some pre-prepared replies".  Jesus f**k!

Whilst we're on the subject, "pre-drinks" is an awful phrase (see also; "pres") but it seems to be the only phrase that people nowadays understand when referring to having a few drinks in someone's house before heading out.

I've even said to folk "have a few drinks in place X first" to which they've replied "aye, then where will we go for pres?"

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Whilst we're on the subject, "pre-drinks" is an awful phrase (see also; "pres") but it seems to be the only phrase that people nowadays understand when referring to having a few drinks in someone's house before heading out.

I've even said to folk "have a few drinks in place X first" to which they've replied "aye, then where will we go for pres?"

This really annoyed me (on your behalf). Then I realised everything annoys me today. Think it's because I'm fasting. And in the gym.