Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, EdgarusQPFC said:

Being unwell, Was diagnosed with Whooping cough 3 months ago that has completely knackered my immune system so ive been shifting from illness to illness(colds, flus, chest infections etc) without much of a break in between. Absolutely fed up of it at this point

I've been unwell for over 3 weeks and really should go see the doctor.

Reading your post has now given me the fear:(

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

I've been unwell for over 3 weeks and really should go see the doctor.

Reading your post has now given me the fear:(

Doc's are pretty stumped tho, the Whooping cough knackering my immune system is the best theory they got, ive had chest x rays, several blood works and im seemingly in good health, my white count etc is all good, thyroid etc. Ive had my Cold/Flu immunization and still gotten sick! 

9 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Doc's are pretty stumped tho, the Whooping cough knackering my immune system is the best theory they got, ive had chest x rays, several blood works and im seemingly in good health, my white count etc is all good, thyroid etc. Ive had my Cold/Flu immunization and still gotten sick! 

My ex had a similar issue during her final year at uni, also with whooping cough. Got it in October and was pretty much gubbed until April. It seemed that her immune system was working so hard against the whooping cough that every other minor illness was just knocking her out.

A bit like Div working so hard to keep Swampy out that Grim, 8Mile, PB and Magee keep sneaking back in.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

My ex had a similar issue during her final year at uni, also with whooping cough. Got it in October and was pretty much gubbed until April. It seemed that her immune system was working so hard against the whooping cough that every other minor illness was just knocking her out.

A bit like Div working so hard to keep Swampy out that Grim, 8Mile, PB and Magee keep sneaking back in.

Good example

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

People at airport security who pick their stuff out of the trays and leave them sitting there to pile up until someone (me) gathers them up and puts them away so that my tray can actually get out of the machine.

Yet another example of how people, in general, are complete and utter c***s.

My PTTGOMN for this evening: Maris Piper potatoes. Utterly shite. They turn into mush if you look at them the wrong way.

10 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

My PTTGOMN for this evening: Maris Piper potatoes. Utterly shite. They turn into mush if you look at them the wrong way.

That's the point of them, isn't it?  A quick par boil....coat them in butter/olive oil then roast at a high temp until crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle?

Waxy tatties are great for boiling but useless for mashing or roasting.

Just a daft thing but my work now covers three boroughs rather than just one and we stil haven't learnt/figured out the best number for folk calling for the new boroughs when they're really vague (ie: I don't know the exact ward that deals with mental health assesment at Chase Farm Hospital but I know it's in the Chase Building. If they were to ask for a specific ward by name I'd be fine but with vague ass pish like that I aint sure).

So, I explain to the caller, that I'm not 100% sure where to put them so I'll put them through to the reception in the general area they need to go and they end up calling me back two minutes later because the lazy arse fucker in the reception I put them through to has gave them my number back because putting them through somewhere "isn't their job"

f**k sake hen. It takes ye more time to read out the number to send them back here than it does to patch them through to the correct place.

People at airport security who pick their stuff out of the trays and leave them sitting there to pile up until someone (me) gathers them up and puts them away so that my tray can actually get out of the machine.

The last few times I've been in an airport, I've found myself stuck behind some arsehole taking 10 minutes put their things into the wee tray. Earlier this year, at Edinburgh airport (I think), there were designated sub-queues in each queue for the security bit (i.e. you have to wait on one specific person to go through before you can start) and the daft c**t in front of me was there for ages, loading her stuff onto the conveyer belt or in a wee tray.

Most people just have to take off their belt, watch, phone, keys, money and passport and sometimes shoes. Not this b*****d, she needlessly took individual items out of her bag to put them in the tray. It pissed me off so much I think it slightly ruined a good holiday.

What boils my piss at airports more than anything else are the fucking fannies at the luggage carousel who crowd around it and stand about an inch from the belt as soon as they get there, wait for their case and block the way for everyone else. It's dead fucking simple. Stand about 6 feet back and watch for your case, then step forward to collect it when you see it and get the f**k out of the way. This allows everyone to get their case unobstructed and clear the area. Genuinely seething every time I'm in an airport at this and I wish these people dead.

The worst thing about going through airport security is the puddle drinkers that, once their stuff has been through the x ray machine, stand and put their shoes/belt back on and gather up their stuff at the conveyor belt.  They handily provide a wee table for you to do it not 3 feet away.  Pick your tray up, go over there and get out of the f*cking way.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The worst thing about going through airport security is the puddle drinkers that, once their stuff has been through the x ray machine, stand and put their shoes/belt back on and gather up their stuff at the conveyor belt.  They handily provide a wee table for you to do it not 3 feet away.  Pick your tray up, go over there and get out of the f*cking way.

Yes. This too. I hate people in airports. There's also the reprobates who stand with their nose two inches from the gate as soon as the flight gets called if it's one with no allocated seating. Arseholes.