Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the principle that he should be punished, but "misbehaving off premises" has become harder and harder to enforce.

That's before you even define "misbehaving off-premises". Was it swearing in public - in which case the school better start rounding up every wee shite who has done that before the parents scream unfair treatment? Was it swearing at a member of the public? Certainly a more obvious offence, but that would also require strict enforcement of a "no swearing" policy in general terms, otherwise once again "unfair treatment".

Out of interest, had the kid shouted "Waghorn, you're crap" or "Waghorn, you're rubbish", would he still merit a punishment?

What about "Waghorn you were decent at Scottish Championship level but don't appear to be good enough to make the jump to the Premiership and therefore will never cut it in England"

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

What about "Waghorn you were decent at Scottish Championship level but don't appear to be good enough to make the jump to the Premiership and therefore will never cut it in England"

"Say that to my face"

"Can I paraphrase? I can't remember the exact wording of my initial statement"

Just now, Kennboy1978 said:

Bit harsh, Waghorn was out minding his own business, not playing football as far as I could see.

I didn't say he was. He could, however, have just continued about his business, which would have been an eminently more sensible option than the one he chose.

Kenny Miller in the supermarket is the obvious example - gets on with his life allowing the initial fuckwittery to be criticised.

I don't want the boy to get hammered for it but he has crossed a line and upset a member of the public during school time and the situation has escalated.

Crap/shite doesn't matter as he was still being wide to a member of public which in turn gives the school a bad name.

The kid wasn't really that hard saying but again he was probably shitting himself and shaking like a leaf afterwards but will now be basking on his 5 minutes of fame. He may even get a BJ in the school toilets out of it which just isn't fair.

I didn't say he was. He could, however, have just continued about his business, which would have been an eminently more sensible option than the one he chose.

Kenny Miller in the supermarket is the obvious example - gets on with his life allowing the initial fuckwittery to be criticised.

You said he was a thick footballer, I don't see why his chosen profession has any relevance in his reaction. I do agree he should have just walked away, but dey don't do dat do dey dough ?

Edit: Fixed

STV news and BBC Scotland news runing a story about a broken down train in Scotland that made a lot of people late for work yesterday and blaming the first minister for the break down!  I'd like to know what STV and BBC news would like the first minister to do,should she have got her tool kit out and fixed the train herself? 

I doubt that would satisfy them.

Please remove yourself from P&B now, and please look at the complete story about the railways in Scotland

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I don't want the boy to get hammered for it but he has crossed a line and upset a member of the public during school time and the situation has escalated.

Crap/shite doesn't matter as he was still being wide to a member of public which in turn gives the school a bad name.

The kid wasn't really that hard saying but again he was probably shitting himself and shaking like a leaf afterwards but will now be basking on his 5 minutes of fame. He may even get a BJ in the school toilets out of it which just isn't fair.

Why? were you wanting one?

Just now, Zen Archer said:

Daz played for City.

Rangers are a much bigger club than Citeh, dontchano.

I wonder if they refer to him down south as "former City player Gordon Dalziel". I'm sure it must come up often.