Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Günther said:

Summed up Hedgecutters post nicely. What is the big deal with Hollister? If I wanted to wear big brands on my clothes, I'd be making them pay me for advertising their stuff, not paying for the pleasure in doing so.

Aye, I'm sure Hollister are beating down your door to pay you to wear their stuff as we speak. 

9 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Very much this. I always get a slight rage when I see some numpty wearing sat Hollister.

It screams " I am thick, I paid over the odds for a clothing garment and not only that I am giving free advertising to the corporation that ripped me off "

What's the difference between a Hollister shop and a hedgehog?

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not long after my most recent divorce I took a rather fetching Italian lassie out for dinner. A bloke at a nearby table took out his hanky as he was about to sneeze and the lassie said something like, "Why do English (sic) men carry these things?  They sneeze on them then put them back in their pocket"

Since then (about 8 years ago) I've ditched my hankies and carry a few tissues or kitchen roll in my pocket.

So what do you do with the snottery tissue? Just drop it on the ground?

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

So what do you do with the snottery tissue? Just drop it on the ground?

How disrespectful. Considering the design, I'm sure Kinky does the decent thing and pins them to his lapel.

17 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

How disrespectful. Considering the design, I'm sure Kinky does the decent thing and pins them to his lapel.

I'm sure with a bit of manipulation & basic origami skills one could fashion a rose out of the tissue or more fitting at this time of year a poppy? 

Grimbo 

John Lewis Christmas adverts. Or rather, every company who tries to copy the cultural expectation of what a John Lewis Christmas advert is. Aldi and their anthropomorphised carrot at the top of the shitlist for this this year.

The last couple of years the adverts have at least made sense, this new one is just pish. Quite a lazy attempt almost as if it was just decided last minute.

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

John Lewis Christmas adverts. Or rather, every company who tries to copy the cultural expectation of what a John Lewis Christmas advert is. Aldi and their anthropomorphised carrot at the top of the shitlist for this this year.

My wife & daughter were cooing over this the other day and told me to come and watch it. I got right in the Christmas spirit by telling them it's not cute, it's pish and that I refuse to watch any Christmas bollocks. 

I haven't even seen this year's. The only one I can remember is last year's with the old granda sitting on the moon for no apparent Christmassy reason. I saw three in a row last night which prompted that post - Aldi, Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury's, all of them were practically identical.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I haven't even seen this year's. The only one I can remember is last year's with the old granda sitting on the moon for no apparent Christmassy reason. I saw three in a row last night which prompted that post - Aldi, Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury's, all of them were practically identical.

Its shit - its just a dog called Buster the boxer jumping on a trampoline with the slogan "Gifts that everyone will love". The entire thing just seems like a half arsed attempt thrown together at the last minute, i really can't imagine anyone out there watching it and getting all buzzing with excitement, just doesn't work for me at all.

18 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My wife & daughter were cooing over this the other day and told me to come and watch it. I got right in the Christmas spirit by telling them it's not cute, it's pish and that I refuse to watch any Christmas bollocks. 

Tra la la la la      la la la la