Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

In terms of lazy language, one that boils my piss is the way the past participle of "text" seems to have degenerated from "texted" to "text".

It's even worse in a Glasgow accent where you've got that glottal stop thing happening:

"I tex her last night, but she never tex me back till this morning..."

You should watch more Jeremy Kyle. The folk on there add extra syllables to text and its derivatives.

5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've just been informed that Silverburn have taped off lanes for man children playing Pokemon, so they don't stumble into the path of folk trying to do some shopping.

I want a meteor to wipe every single person on this planet out. Quickly.

IMG_20160805_165112.jpg

Just now, Mozzamozza said:

I was planning on going to the Highland Games, however, if there are fucking Highland Games, they may hold more interest.

If you're a newbie you have to start with tossing the caber.

I went to the pub down the street last night for the first time in a year, just to escape the shows at the square and observed some mild xenophobia by the barmaid.

All night the barmaid's pals were coming in and using the toilets, when a guy from the shows came in and asked to use the toilet she refused and sent him on his way, when he was out of earshot she announced to the pub, 'the c***s can go for a shit in their caravans' this was my cue to leave.

I left my bag on a train this afternoon. Entirely my own stupid fault.

That said, Scotrail's mechanism for reporting lost property is shite. I realised as soon as the train pulled away and phoned them. But you can't actually speak to anyone - it goes to an answering machine with the promise that they'll call you back. This was at 12:15pm. I eventually called again at half two and left another message, and was phoned back about twenty minutes later. Apparently they hadn't had the chance to check the train when it arrived at Queen Street (I got off at Falkirk High) but they were going to call the duty manager at Waverley. She also said it's possible it's in the driver's cabin and he'll hand it in after his shift, but can't confirm.

Hadn't heard anything so phoned back at 8pm to leave another message. No reply and it closes at 9pm, and doesn't open again until Monday morning. Apparently folk mustn't lose things on a Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

Nae dosh. Machines don't swallow cards for no reason.

Or pished and put the wrong number in 3 times. Or stung by scammers. I put my card in once and nothing happened, and it wouldn't come out. Thought the slot looked a bit weird, picked at it and a false cover came off with a ribbon of plastic with my card in it. A big guy came up behind me, grabbed the tool without my card and ran away.