Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I decided to chase a cat out of my garden today and chuck some water at it. I took off at a speed that I thought was long in my past. Unfortunately I run put of room to stop. I crashed to the ground. The cat strolled off and I have after 4 hours in A&E A fracture in my left arm and a sling. And strong painkillers in my pocket.

You deserved it.

With Dave it's not because he comes out with wild unbelievable stories, but that he has a story for absolutely every single thing possible. They're all mundane, but the fact that near enough every post starts with "a guy I worked with" or "a guy I knew" and goes on to tell some random story is so blatant in its falseness.

Older people sometimes just have more stories to tell.

I decided to chase a cat out of my garden today and chuck some water at it. I took off at a speed that I thought was long in my past. Unfortunately I run put of room to stop. I crashed to the ground. The cat strolled off and I have after 4 hours in A&E A fracture in my left arm and a sling. And strong painkillers in my pocket.

Was it goading you?

It seems like anytime someone on here posts a story of something they've seen or done, someone else feels the need to claim it's made up. Fair enough if someone is claiming to have pumped Hayden Patenniere but stuff like "I shat in my mates kettle" really isn't that far fetched. Normally seems aimed at the usual suspects like Throbber, Grimbo or Tabby Dave.

I don't care if folk don't believe me, they are only fooling themselves.

Grimbo

Time to invest in a decent modern catapult, and some half inch ball bearings. Wait till your arm's healed though.

It seems like anytime someone on here posts a story of something they've seen or done, someone else feels the need to claim it's made up. Fair enough if someone is claiming to have pumped Hayden Patenniere but stuff like "I shat in my mates kettle" really isn't that far fetched. Normally seems aimed at the usual suspects like Throbber, Grimbo or Tabby Dave.

Everybody kens a laddie who tells everyone that they guessed all the twist endings to films like The Usual Suspects and Sixth Sense...I figure this is just a similar thing. If it makes them happy, who cares.

I'm so credulous that it didn't occur to me to care that Hayden Panettiere may not have actually been pumped by P&B's finest, BTW   :P

Everybody kens a laddie who tells everyone that they guessed all the twist endings to films like The Usual Suspects and Sixth Sense...I figure this is just a similar thing. If it makes them happy, who cares.

I'm so credulous that it didn't occur to me to care that Hayden Panettiere may not have actually been pumped by P&B's finest, BTW   :P

It's the first quality of a modern gentleman to accept the remote possibility that another's stories and beliefs may be true, however unlikely, and perhaps only in their own mind. I choose to believe that a P+B poster pumped Haydie (as I know her) because it makes the fabric of the universe more beautiful.

I'm struggling to cope with the death of a close family relative.

She died on Wednesday night at the age of 77 after a short terminal battle with lung cancer.

I was supposed to be in France this weekend seeing the Scotland game, and originally intended to go, but when I got to the airport I felt I couldn't with my mum needing me to support her(even though she said to go).

When I got back to my grans house(she lives closer to GLA airport than me so a logical drop off point) the impact hit me more than before when I stepped inside.

I'm not feeling suidicial or such like, more just stunned that a lady I learned was terminally ill less than 14 days ago is now dead.

It's fucking shite.

Didn't happen.

She died on Wednesday night at the age of 77 after a short terminal battle with lung cancer.

I was supposed to be in France this weekend seeing the Scotland game, and originally intended to go, but when I got to the airport I felt I couldn't with my mum needing me to support her(even though she said to go).

When I got back to my grans house(she lives closer to GLA airport than me so a logical drop off point) the impact hit me more than before when I stepped inside.

I'm not feeling suidicial or such like, more just stunned that a lady I learned was terminally ill less than 14 days ago is now dead.

It's fucking shite.

Sorry to hear that mate. It's never easy with these things but you just have to deal with it the way that works for you.

It's fucking shite.

That's lovely that you are there for your mam.

We just cremated my uncle on Thursday. Not wanting to top trump you mate but that's my 2nd uncle that's passed this year. With only 3 of them left me mam is the eldest. You've just got to be strong as you can for your family.

It brings our own mortality into focus too, you've got to remember the happy times with your aunty.

My uncle was always laughing & making folk laugh, I turned up at me Mam's on Wednesday afternoon with my funeral suit & she asked me where's my checked shirt? Apparently she'd told me that all the blokes are to wear a checked shirt, ny uncle always wore them. I drove down to the tesco's & managed to get a checked shirt but when I got back to me Mam's house they'd left the security tag on, I could have driven back down to get them to remove it but I thought no, Uncle Tom would have pished his sides if he knew I'd turned up at his funeral wearing a security tag.

I took me mam shopping yesterday at tesco so have got it removed now, but I've still got 1 more happy memory of my uncle now.

The people who helped shape us are no longer here but we go on until it's our time. Enjoy your life the way your aunty would have wanted you to & don't forget to tell your mam you love her.

Grimbo

I watched Walter Mitty last night and it reminded me so much of myself.