Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Getting to the start of the second half of a game you've been listening to on the radio, and realising you were imagining the teams attacking the opposite ends to those they actually were for the whole of the first half.

:angry:

Getting to the start of the second half of a game you've been listening to on the radio, and realising you were imagining the teams attacking the opposite ends to those they actually were for the whole of the first half.

:angry:

What kind of absolute weirdo turns up to a game at half time?

Cold red wine. Got served some one night recently when on holiday.

If anything I like red wine slightly above room temperature; served cold it has no taste.

Room temperature varies, if it's 35 degrees having red wine served from a chilled clay jug is very welcome. I expect it's the Brits who invented these daft rules.

This. Like shirts without button down collars unless they flap about, as I don't want to be accused of being a beast. Button down collars avoid this.

8) this deserves more rec.

Sex offenders in pubs on their own. You've no mates? Say hi. Don't stand next to a hot girl and then try build bridges.

Arctic bar.

OK so there's been this thing that's been really annoying annoying me, they've got this thing on R3 where you write in and request a piece of music that was written in your lifetime, and that's a really good idea imo, anyway TWICE now they've had GROWN OLD MEN writing in and saying "my gran Hilda is 110 years old so can you play some Mahler" RIGHT for ONE THING if Hilda can't be FUCKED to write in herself then SHE DOESN'T GET TO PICK MAHLER, if you're writing in, YOU PICK SOMETHING FROM YOUR OWN LIFETIME, and FOR ANOTHER THING, it's really not in the fucking spirit of the thing is it, they play fucking Mahler ALL THE FUCKING TIME, the point of this is SURELY to hear some more contemporary stuff that doesn't ordinarily get played. and yesterday they had this guy go I was born in 1950 and Vaughan Williams wrote such and such in 1955 so can you play this one that he wrote in 1910? NO YOU FUCKING c**t BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T BORN IN 1910 WERE YOU and the worst thing is fucking Petroc Trewlany goes along with it, like it's more important to have listeners with REALLY FUCKING OLD GRANDPARENTS than to play something interesting, the smug Cornish tawt, and the even worse thing is these pieces aren't even any fucking good, they're boring SHIT, this guy today was like "I have this on LP and recently bought it on CD" SO WHY ARE YOU SUBJECTING THE REST OF US TO IT YOU ARSEHOLE. end of example.

Thanks for this Chris

Okay maybe the RVW was a mistake should not have been in the feature but I misread the letter . And as for the 105 year old well she was doing what it said on the bottle it was music in her time and I see no reason why her grandson should not act as her amanuensis

But thanks for your judicious use of language

Best

Petroc

Cold red wine. Got served some one night recently when on holiday.

If anything I like red wine slightly above room temperature; served cold it has no taste.

This first happened to me in the south of France about 4 years ago and has happened a few times since.

I think some trendy chef c*nt has started a craze or written a book.

Cold red wine has no flavour or body

This first happened to me in the south of France about 4 years ago and has happened a few times since.

I think some trendy chef c*nt has started a craze or written a book.

Cold red wine has no flavour or body

They served it in a chilled jug in the South of France 30 years ago, and probably for hundreds of years before that with the jug or wine left to cool in a stream. This room temperature thing is nonsense, 20 degrees in a centrally heated house in the UK, maybe, how about 30-35 in Andalucia? Or 10 degrees in the chilly country house where the daft cnut who invented the rule probably lived.

I used to buy wine from a company called Pieroth and recall one red that was being sampled as being rank.

The "salesman" suggested that it would benefit from a brief chill in the fridge, I of course took this with a pinch of salt but the following year sampled the same wine that had been in the fridge, what a transformation, it was indeed the dugs baws, a Hungarian effort from what I recall.

I used to buy wine from a company called Pieroth and recall one red that was being sampled as being rank.

The "salesman" suggested that it would benefit from a brief chill in the fridge, I of course took this with a pinch of salt but the following year sampled the same wine that had been in the fridge, what a transformation, it was indeed the dugs baws, a Hungarian effort from what I recall.

Quite right, the fridge cures all wine problems. And if it still tastes a bit vinegary, a dash of lemonade, bliss!