First 3 Arrests Of World Cup 2006 .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest celtic_antifa

Three guys píssed and acting in the clown in a taxi hardly merits them being called football hooligans.

Three guys píssed and acting in the clown in a taxi hardly merits them being called football hooligans.

They weren't acting like clowns in a taxi they vandalised the taxi. If this was done in this country you would be arrested. The fact it was pissed up English fans does mean it is taken out of context. Although as Spanish police have confirmed year after year its just the usual behaviour of a minority of English people abroad

I've seen first hand how much 'fun' watching Engurlund can be , during my time down in Cornwall I learned that the pub or town centre is definately not the place to be when England exit a tournament .........
f'kinell , bother after a win is a new one on me :huh:

They weren't acting like clowns in a taxi they vandalised the taxi. If this was done in this country you would be arrested. The fact it was pissed up English fans does mean it is taken out of context. Although as Spanish police have confirmed year after year its just the usual behaviour of a minority of English people abroad

:lol: There are plenty of Scottish an Welsh idiots who holiday in Spain too. Do you really think that it's only English people who cause trouble on holidays? People from Leeds are no more likely to cause trouble than people from Glasgow. Thats a British problem and not an English one.

Guest celtic_antifa

Yes you would be arrested just as they were in Cologne for being drunk and disorderly.

As I say, doing what they did hardly equates to them being hooligans. Sadly, when statistics are being trotted out over the number of English hooligans being arrested in Germany, these three will probably be included and thus provide a distorted picture which doesn’t do anyone any good apart from those that have an unnerving lust over the English causing trouble.

As for ‘the usual behaviour of a minority of English people abroad’ – the same applies to Scottish and Irish people who frequent the Costas and other holiday resorts. Again it’s down to the ingredients of the weather and all day/night drinking. I don’t see any moral highground that can be taken in that regard.

Getting tanked up and attacking the locals is pretty much the definition of "hooliganism", no matter which way you spin it.

Guest celtic_antifa

Getting tanked up and attacking the locals is pretty much the definition of "hooliganism", no matter which way you spin it.

We are talking about football hooliganism.

Given the zero tolerance approach being taken to hooligans at this World Cup, then the fact they have not been deported tells it’s own story, unless we have been fed nonsense for the past few years as to how they will deal with football hooligans.

As in say, classifying them as such, only serves to give a distorted picture when it comes to the aftermath of the World Cup and the no doubt deep analyisation that will take place regards football hooliganism. It is typical of journalism in this country.

We are talking about football hooliganism.

Given the zero tolerance approach being taken to hooligans at this World Cup, then the fact they have not been deported tells it’s own story, unless we have been fed nonsense for the past few years as to how they will deal with football hooligans.

As in say, classifying them as such, only serves to give a distorted picture when it comes to the aftermath of the World Cup and the no doubt deep analyisation that will take place regards football hooliganism. It is typical of journalism in this country.

True enough, it's not a pitched battle of hooligan firms... but the media will probably put it that way.

Either way, I don't think it's anything that should be taken lightly.

As in say, classifying them as such....It is typical of journalism in this country.

3 guys, there to watch the football act like hooligans and as such can therefore be categorized as football hooligans.

Guest celtic_antifa

3 guys, there to watch the football act like hooligans and as such can therefore be categorized as football hooligans.

I don’t really have time for such a simplistic line of thinking.

I don’t really have time for such a simplistic line of thinking.

But thats the point, it's quite simple, they're there for the football and acting like hooligans - maybe in your distorted mind football hooliganism only ever occurs when there's vast numbers of people taking part, but to the victim, it was simply hooliganism.

But perhaps you'd prefer the term 'knuckle-dragging fcuk-witism of the highest order'

Guest celtic_antifa

Football hooliganism is a serious enough topic and problem without having to widen it’s scope to include any acts of anti-social behaviour by drunken fans. I have been abroad with Scotland and seen Scotland fans act in a drunk and disorderly manner just as I have seen with them at home– I certainly wouldn’t classify them as football hooligans. Doing so, is too simplistic and as I have said, provides a distorted picture of football hooliganism.

More football related violence. :( Thankfully though there hasnt been much trouble at this World Cup. The Poland-Germany game has been the only real flashpoint.

HUGH HENRY, the deputy justice minister, last night condemned an unprovoked attack on two England fans in a Scottish town as “shocking and shamefulâ€.

Darren Gibson, 36, and Jack Pearson, 19, from Yorkshire, were set upon after celebrating their country’s victory over Trinidad and Tobago in a pub in Linwood, Renfrewshire. The pair were treated in hospital after being beaten by two men outside the bar where they watched the World Cup match on Thursday.

The incident follows criticism of Jack McConnell, the first minister, for refusing to support England.

Last night Henry pledged to send personal letters of apology to the injured Englishmen on behalf of all “decent Scotsâ€.

“This was a dreadful and unnecessary act of violence which I would utterly condemn,†said Labour’s Paisley South MSP. “We want Scotland to be a place that welcomes people and this behaviour sends out an entirely wrong message.

“We can all have our favourite football teams and friendly rivalry adds to the excitement of being a fan. However, when this extends to mindless violence it is totally unacceptable and I am sure all decent-thinking people would agree with me.â€

Witnesses say the two men, who had been cheering England’s goals in the pub, were followed outside and attacked when they left at midnight.They were taken to Paisley’s Royal Alexandra hospital, where they were treated for cuts and bruises. The men had been staying in the adjacent Travel Inn and it is believed they had been working in Linwood. They have now returned to England.

Archived