First 3 Arrests Of World Cup 2006 .

One of the great aspects of my work is the mix of nationalities...all of which can't wait for the English to go out either :-)

Where you watching the game?

Ahh see at my work every one is very properly English! Lots of public schoolboys and the like!

My scouse mate has just invited me to the outdoor screening at Canary Wharf - no chance!! :lol: Gonna be in our local social club in east london, they're some local Gaelic matches on as well so the place will be full of Irish....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brave, brave man!

Everyone at work keeps asking if I am supporting England, I keep having to feign indifference or the resulting slagging will be endless....I will be silently laughing away to myself if England suffer another glorious failure though......

dont bother with the silently :) When they lost to brazil 4 years ago, i was working at GSK in Harlow. Was Brilliant sitting there smiling without even needing to say a word :) so you are just as well making it noisy when laughing away :lol:

One of the great aspects of my work is the mix of nationalities...all of which can't wait for the English to go out either :-)

Where you watching the game?

My work too :) Have Polish people, French people and English people all within 5 minutes walk, so im definitely going to enjoy their losses :)

I have never, ever seen the riot police deployed in Greenock for an Old Firm game; a town with one of the largest Celtic Supporters' Clubs in the world located right in the town centre, and a Rangers club in the area, too.

I've been in Glasgow city centre after an Old Firm game. I've seen a fight but, again, I've never seen the riot police deployed.

Presumably you wouldn't have just made it up, but I'd be interested to hear where and when this happened.

I've seen Riot Police in Falkirk a few times after OF games, and seen first-hand the trouble they can cause.

Maybe we should keep count of how many fans get arrested at this World Cup? They do seem intent on breaking their own record at each major tournament! :lol:

I'm sorry, but if you get arrested for being a hooligan at the World Cup you're nothing but a disgrace to your country.

True - but I'm not sure I've heard an impassioned defence of the 3 nobs mentioned above either, but there's a bit of a 'look at them' mood about the thread.

A lot of us pointed out that England fans would disgrace our glorious Union this summer, and people like BerwickMad played the OF-esque "But they *points randomly in any direction* are just as bad as us!" card. The plane remark looked like - and in fact still does look like - an extension of that.

Nothing less than a round condemnation of these thugs will do, just as Scotland roundly criticised those who shamed us with their airborne antics :D

I've seen Riot Police in Falkirk a few times after OF games, and seen first-hand the trouble they can cause.

The OF fans or the police cause the trouble? :P

I wasn't denying that it happened but it doesn't happen here, as far as I can tell. OF-related violence, sure, but not riot cops.

A lot of us pointed out that England fans would disgrace our glorious Union this summer, and people like BerwickMad played the OF-esque "But they *points randomly in any direction* are just as bad as us!" card. The plane remark looked like - and in fact still does look like - an extension of that.

Nothing less than a round condemnation of these thugs will do, just as Scotland roundly criticised those who shamed us with their airborne antics :D

The moral high ground is a notoriously difficult place to defend :)

The moral high ground is a notoriously difficult place to defend :)

So you won't condemn the actions of your - nay, our - countrymen who are shaming the Union of the Crowns? :angry:

So you won't condemn the actions of your - nay, our - countrymen who are shaming the Union of the Crowns? :angry:

I have consistently condemned all acts of football related violence and will continue to do so :) I have no 'OF' equivalent to blame it on :D

No bigoted, violent fanbase to blame it on? :D

Plenty of those :( I just can't go 'OF' and wash my hands of it ;)

I don't wash my hands of it :unsure: I just wouldn't ever pretend to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with these people!

I recognise all too well that the OF and their related idiocy is a scourge on our Union - sadly, the main organisation speaking out against them (Nil By Mouth) is, to put it mildly, a tad misguided, so I won't have anything to do with them.

I don't wash my hands of it :unsure: I just wouldn't ever pretend to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with these people!

I'm can't say I've done the equivalent - I've posted my displeasure at the booing of Anthems let alone the ripping up of town centres.

I recognise all too well that the OF and their related idiocy is a scourge on our Union - sadly, the main organisation speaking out against them (Nil By Mouth) is, to put it mildly, a tad misguided, so I won't have anything to do with them.

Unfortunately, due to clauses in the Act of Union, the Union was unable to act on the scourge ;)

Nob,

So three men have not ever beeen arrested in any taxi in Scotland while on this piss. What a plank.

:lol:

How does that make the 3 guys in question not scum? :lol:

I'm can't say I've done the equivalent - I've posted my displeasure at the booing of Anthems let alone the ripping up of town centres.

But some anthems - e.g. God Save The Queen - are inherently violent and distasteful and should be drowned out where at all possible.

Unfortunately, due to clauses in the Act of Union, the Union was unable to act on the scourge ;)

Namely?

But some anthems - e.g. God Save The Queen - are inherently violent and distasteful and should be drowned out where at all possible.

Agreed :)

Namely?

Namely, a seperate legal system :)

Namely, a seperate legal system :)

Perhaps if Westminster could more effectively cruch rebellious Scots, we wouldn't have these problems :D

Perhaps if Westminster could more effectively cruch rebellious Scots, we wouldn't have these problems :D

That's got to hurt :D

Archived