Help Needed!

fatbadger

I don't know if anybody here knows all about what is happening with Brighton & Hove Albion FC, so I thought I would post and ask for your support.

Several years ago, our historic home was sold from underneath us by a corrupt board. Since then, although we managed to force that board out, we have been living a nomadic existence - first groundsharing at Gillingham, and now borrowing an athletics stadium. We have put together a proposal for a new stadium, which includes probably the most forward-thinking set of proposals regarding community use that has ever been included with a football stadium plan. After a public enquiry, John Prescott is set to make a decision on whether or not we can go forward. Without that stadium, the club is seriously under the threat of disappearance. More to the point, this application of ours is an important precedent - we are testing the limits of the current government's claims to wholeheartedly support lower-league football and community sport in the UK.

We Brighton fans are working very hard on a campaign to convince Prescott to back the stadium proposals, and we are asking for the help of football fans up and down the UK. Brighton fans have been at the forefront of campaigns to increase fan power in football, and we believe that it is essential that football fans are united in their attempts to save football for the fans in the UK. On this occasion, however, we are asking for the help of others in our own fight for survival.

Will you help? We need to send a blizzard of letters and emails to the Deputy PM's office THIS WEEK. His email address is planning.general@odpm.gsi.gov.uk and his mailing address is Office of the Deputy PM, 26 Whitehall, London, SW1A 2WH.

Details of the stadium and the campaign can be seen at our largest unofficial website www.northstandchat.biz

You will find draft letters/emails to use, and the addresses to send them to at http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.p...&threadid=16321

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!

p.s. for more general information on football fans' struggles up and down the UK, visit www.clubsincrisis.com

Archived