What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

Today, it can only be this. This was always my drunk at 3 in the morning song. It is unbelievably silly in the same way as "Spirit Of The Radio" or "Don't Stop Believing" but it means a great deal to me. Today Mr. John Miles shuffled off this mortal coil, but what a treat he left us. All his other songs were shite, but ladies and gentlemen, pray silence please.

4 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Today, it can only be this. This was always my drunk at 3 in the morning song. It is unbelievably silly in the same way as "Spirit Of The Radio" or "Don't Stop Believing" but it means a great deal to me. Today Mr. John Miles shuffled off this mortal coil, but what a treat he left us. All his other songs were shite, but ladies and gentlemen, pray silence please.

Sorry, can only give one greenie for this, but I've spent most of today listening to John Miles, particularly the Rebel album, since learning of the sad news of his passing.  His talents as a singer, songwriter and instrumentalist are simply amazing.  Music was one of the first pieces of music I listened to endlessly when I was younger, having listened to it on an old mix tape my dad had kicking around and over the years I've come to appreciate more of his amazing songs.  You Have It All is another from the Rebel album worthy of sharing, as is the titular track obviously.  I had hoped, once things had returned to some sense of normality, to have gone to a concert of his, I know he liked touring around Europe usually.  Sadly, that won't come to pass, but I'll still enjoy the music.

6 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Another part of my youth gone

I'm not bothered about them dying. People and rock stars have always died.

I was more concerned when Lemmy, and others, began looking old and frail.

It can't be long until we get an announcement that punk X has pulled out of a tour because of dementia or had fallen and broken a hip.