Today in my car CD changer I have

OOOOO!!!...... there's posh!!!

In my under-seat storage tray I've got:

Rod Stewart

Bryan Ferry

Shania Twain

Now 51

Top of the Pops 2

and an assortment of freebie compilation CDs from various newspapers!

Just call me a boring, middle of the road, old skinflint ....... I'm not proud!!! :P

Aye OK, but you get my point.

99.9% of all music is ripped off.

And as you say sometimes the "real" artists do not get the credit they deserve, like your point with Hank Williams.

Today in my car CD changer I have

The Specials - Stereo-Typical - Volume 1

Bob Marley - Legend

Roger Taylor - Fun In Space

Monty Python - Monty Python Sings

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

The Beatles - One

Now thats diverse and not tunnel visionist ;)

And at the moment I am listening to Faith No More - Easy! B)

Bairnagain - I have JrGong ( aka Damien Marley ) in mine at the moment. I know that Bob has dozens of offspring who have attempted to make it on the back of his good name. But Jr Gong has gone the other way, by trying to make it on his own under a nom de plume - and its like listening to the man himself reincarnate.

People like what THEY like and other people like what THEY like.

There's no point slagging someone elses taste in music

Me, I like mostly Indie stuff from the 80s (Joy Division/New Order, E&TBM, Cocteau Twins), heavier stuff like Killing Joke, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry...Punk...Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Stranglers, The Ruts...I also like classical music, opera, blues, Hank Williams and George Jones, crooners like Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, 60s stuff like The Stones, The Doors, Velvet Underground and loads of other stuff.

I fukcing hate pop music, boybands, novelty acts and pop fame idol academy drones...but other people like them so let it be.

Taste in music is just like anything else I guess...in that there's no such thing as good or bad taste, just other peoples :blink:

Taste in music is just like anything else I guess...in that there's no such thing as good or bad taste, just other peoples :blink:

I would beg to differ. I have good taste in music and films. Lots of people don't (i.e. people who like Dido and Titanic :D )

Stereolab - Margarine Eclipse

I sometimes get the feeling that this is a "lets baffle the old guys with weird band names and stupid song titles" thread!!!

I own up - I'm out of touch!

I have to admit to searching out a lot of the stuff I've never heard of, on kazza, and to some of you, thanks for broadening my musical horizons, to others -how can you listen to such p*sh!!!!

As Winston says, there's no such thing as good taste or bad taste - only other peoples tastes.

All I can say is Thank God I'm not some other people!! :P