What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin

If I really was turning into my mother, I'd be listening to the Robson and Gerome one, so I don't feel quite so bad now.

Edited by Lyn-Marie

What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin

If I really was turning into my mother, I'd be listening to the Robson and Gerome one, so I don't feel quite so bad now.

You'd also be asking who was doing the fine cover of the R&J one ;)

Still listening to that Prince song, it goes on for flippin ages.

You'd also be asking who was doing the fine cover of the R&J one ;)

Still listening to that Prince song, it goes on for flippin ages.

That Prince song is damn good though. Purple Rain is another of his that is great, but needn't be anywhere near as long as it is.

I will never like my dad's music, mainly because Bob Dylan is utter gash.

He listens to all my stuff though.

My Dad and I kind of swap musical taste. I recommend stuff to him, and he more often than not likes it, whereas he had a lot of stuff that I've listened to growing up, so I've loved it since I was tiny. My love of disco/reggae/soul/motown is from my parents. They were, however, too young for the Beatles, so I was spared that.

Edit: I'm Ready For Love - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

Edited by Lyn-Marie

My dad, more-often-than-not, will come into a room when I'm playing music and make some sort of comment like: 'Oh, what on earth is that racket?!?!'

To which I reply, 'music'.

I think his taste in music is rotten, but I do like some older stuff, the stuff from his sort-of era.

That Prince song is damn good though. Purple Rain is another of his that is great, but needn't be anywhere near as long as it is.

Add the full version of Alphabet Street to that list.

I'm currently listening to Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn and John.

My Dad and I kind of swap musical taste. I recommend stuff to him, and he more often than not likes it, whereas he had a lot of stuff that I've listened to growing up, so I've loved it since I was tiny. My love of disco/reggae/soul/motown is from my parents. They were, however, too young for the Beatles, so I was spared that.

Edit: I'm Ready For Love - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

I love Prince's sheer over-self-indulgence. He is hilariously OTT :)

Can't really listen to Purple Rain properly any more though, after hearing a busker in Barcelona sing it and mispronounce the title. It became a tribute to the German river, "Purple Rhein".

Now: Prince - Controversy

Another 7 minute plus effort :D

I love Prince's sheer over-self-indulgence. He is hilariously OTT :)

Can't really listen to Purple Rain properly any more though, after hearing a busker in Barcelona sing it and mispronounce the title. It became a tribute to the German river, "Purple Rhein".

Now: Prince - Controversy

Another 7 minute plus effort :D

I think Prince is awesome. The Love We Make has got to be my favourite song of his though, with Darling Nikki running a close second.

Gonna Give Her All The Love I've Got - Jimmy Ruffin

I think Prince is awesome. The Love We Make has got to be my favourite song of his though, with Darling Nikki running a close second.

Gonna Give Her All The Love I've Got - Jimmy Ruffin

I reckon there's only about a handful of people in pop music history for whom the "genius" word genuinely applies. The purple pervert midget is one of them!

My favourite song changes regularly, but Sometimes It Snows In April, The Beautiful Ones and Little Red Corvette are regular contenders :)

I reckon there's only about a handful of people in pop music history for whom the "genius" word genuinely applies. The purple pervert midget is one of them!

My favourite song changes regularly, but Sometimes It Snows In April, The Beautiful Ones and Little Red Corvette are regular contenders :)

Little Red Corvette is a brilliant song, and Raspberry Beret in the same vein of just pure fun pop. In terms of his albums, my knowledge is limited, but I'd probably go for Purple Rain.

Forgot about 7 as well, another great tune. The guy really is a genius. I reckon I'm going to have to sort out my Prince collection (something else that I 'lost' moving to Aberdeen, and it's greatly missed).

I'm working my way through my compilation albums today, and I've just found the VH1 Classic Hits.

Beautiful Day - U2 (one of my favourites from this band, too).

Little Red Corvette is a brilliant song, and Raspberry Beret in the same vein of just pure fun pop. In terms of his albums, my knowledge is limited, but I'd probably go for Purple Rain.

Forgot about 7 as well, another great tune. The guy really is a genius. I reckon I'm going to have to sort out my Prince collection (something else that I 'lost' moving to Aberdeen, and it's greatly missed).

I'm working my way through my compilation albums today, and I've just found the VH1 Classic Hits.

Beautiful Day - U2 (one of my favourites from this band, too).

Basically all his albums from the 80s are fantastic, from Dirty Mind up to Sign 'O' The Times. A run of great music that rivals the output of anyone else in history. For someone who is/was a global superstar, much of it is pretty weird, in a good way, obviously.

I need to get the 90s stuff cos I only know bits of it, and what I've heard is patchy, but I'm an anal completist so can't help myself :lol:

Basically all his albums from the 80s are fantastic, from Dirty Mind up to Sign 'O' The Times. A run of great music that rivals the output of anyone else in history. For someone who is/was a global superstar, much of it is pretty weird, in a good way, obviously.

I need to get the 90s stuff cos I only know bits of it, and what I've heard is patchy, but I'm an anal completist so can't help myself :lol:

I'm the same. I don't mind so much if I've only got one album by an artist, if that's the only one I like, but when I've gone on to get more than that, I can't stop until I've got everything!

Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd