What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

I'll have no slagging of The Boss.  The man is a true blue-collar hero.

Pish.

It's just pop music. And bad pop music at that. Written for men behaving badly who wanna come home from the pub and scream "Bonnnnn in the YouEssAAAAAAA"

Philadelphia, what the f**k was all that about?

Edited to include:

Steve Winwood - Different Light

Edited by Tormod Macleod

Pish.

It's just pop music. And bad pop music at that. Written for men behaving badly who wanna come home from the pub and scream "Bonnnnn in the YouEssAAAAAAA"

Philadelphia, what the f**k was all that about?

Erm, is it not kind of obvious? :P

Born in the USA is a very angry song, by the way.

Bruce Springsteen sings for the outsider, the loser and the alienated. Like Roy Orbison did. That's why I like him.

I've kind of gone off on one here. I really do believe "The Boss" is pish but wouldn't normally have said so. I can't stand this pish about the music police though. Poor wee Hughsie is quite happy listening to his Delays and good luck to him. Yet the music police (Joozy) have to tell him it's pish.

As far as I'm concerned the music police can f**k right off. If they were music lovers they wouldn't associate themselves with the concept of music police. Not even in jest!!!

I've kind of gone off on one here. I really do believe "The Boss" is pish but wouldn't normally have said so. I can't stand this pish about the music police though. Poor wee Hughsie is quite happy listening to his Delays and good luck to him. Yet the music police (Joozy) have to tell him it's pish.

As far as I'm concerned the music police can f**k right off. If they were music lovers they wouldn't associate themselves with the concept of music police. Not even in jest!!!

Oh dear, there appears to be some kind of uprising here. Just you wait, sonny, until your parents here about this. You should respect Officer Joozy just like you would respect an "ordinary" policeman...

Roxy Music - More than this

To be honest Jim, I'm surpirsed at you having anything to do with this nonsense. Having peoples musical preferences policed totally goes against the grain of what music is all about. Perhaps this is all just a wind-up to get me work up and if so, congratulations. But seriously I'm surprised at you being associated with this, even in jest.

Edited to include:

Steve Winwood - Why Can't We Live Together

Quite apt under the circumstances I think.

Edited by Tormod Macleod

To be honest Jim, I'm surpirsed at you having anything to do with this nonsense. Having peoples musical preferences policed totally goes against the grain of what music is all about. Perhaps this is all just a wind-up to get me work up and if so, congratulations. But seriously I'm surprised at you being associated with this, even in jest.

Edited to include:

Steve Winwood - Why Can't We Live Together

Quite apt under the circumstances I think.

It's just a joke that took off a little. Don't read anything into it! We were really given our positions rather than taking it upon ourselves to monitor music choices. The people wanted it, we were happy to protect and serve the community. ;) In the meantime, you will respect mah authoritah...

Jane Burken singing something in French.