What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

PJ Harvey - This Is Love

Off of a great album, the new album isn't quite up to scratch unfortunately. :(

I disagree.

Although not as commercial sounding as Stories from the City, Songs From the Sea, Uh Huh Her is some of her best work and very reminicient of early stuff like 'Dry' and 'Rid of Me'

Although not as commercial sounding as Stories from the City, Songs From the Sea, Uh Huh Her is some of her best work and very reminicient of early stuff like 'Dry' and 'Rid of Me'

Stories...... is slicker definitely and you can hear the differences in production quite clearly between that and the new one. I just don't think she's got it quite right this time. For example 'Who the f**k' is a great, venomous live song but on the album it's a bit of a damp squib. I think she tried to capture the 'live' sound of that song and hasn't quite got it. A few of the songs stand out but I wasn't impressed with some of the others. I shall stick it on again later, once I get back from the pub, for re-assessment. :D

Stories...... is slicker definitely and you can hear the differences in production quite clearly between that and the new one. I just don't think she's got it quite right this time. For example 'Who the f**k' is a great, venomous live song but on the album it's a bit of a damp squib. I think she tried to capture the 'live' sound of that song and hasn't quite got it. A few of the songs stand out but I wasn't impressed with some of the others. I shall stick it on again later, once I get back from the pub, for re-assessment. :D

Good to see intelligent debate returning to this thread. :thumsup2

Makes a pleasant change after reading all that rubbish from Lauren and Clyde kid