What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

On a bit of a nostalgic trip tonight...................

"At 37.07 jimi calls for red house to be played in B. noel plays an A on his bass. jimi starts red house in B, ending on a B chord, noel plays an A. hendrix changes the song to A, slowly walking down the A minor blues scale before the band comes in playing red house in A. such an awesome moment, such an interesting band dynamic— whether noel genuinely mistook the song key for A, or whether he refused to play what hendrix wanted; the fact that we get to see that jimi was willing/able to make changes on the fly when his bandmate isn’t doing their job is amazing."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Saw Monorail bigging up Lucy Dacus a lot on their Twitter, saw one of her LPs in my local record purveyor (Reckless) and took a flyer on it, which I'm really glad I did. Nothing you haven't heard before, country-flecked indie rock., but executed really well. Skip to 4:22 for 'Nonbeliever' which is the pick of the tracks on here IMO

Most fun thing I've heard in ages. It's like that ravey grime that comes out of Bradford (I'm sure there's a specific name for it, but Bad Boy Chiller Crew etc) but done by mental pensioners. Worth it entirely for the line 'bachelor pad covered in spaff/dorito crumbs all up in my bath'

The Church.  Such an amazing band over 40 years, amazingly varied styles, they never disappoint me.  

New album been a long time coming, due to be released early next year. Head honcho Steve Kilbey could be the busiest man in music, he will probably have released another couple of solo albums or collaborations before The Church album comes out, he shows no signs of slowing down.

8 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

The Church.  Such an amazing band over 40 years, amazingly varied styles, they never disappoint me.  

New album been a long time coming, due to be released early next year. Head honcho Steve Kilbey could be the busiest man in music, he will probably have released another couple of solo albums or collaborations before The Church album comes out, he shows no signs of slowing down.

This is from “A Box Of Birds” an album from 1999 of songs that influenced the band.