Pie And Bovril Needs Your Help Now !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BullyWeeBundy

Not long on here as a member, but would be only too happy to help.

On the financing front, advertising , as long as it isnt too intrusive could be the way to go with running costs plus a small annual fee.

This fans forum is easily the best for scottish football around and everyone should help ensure it stays that way :thumsup2

If fund raising is looking good then I will go ahead with the deal and then recoup the dosh as the month goes on.

£40 received already in paypal donations B) ! Awesome.

Guest xbasslichtie

Cant give a lot since Im a long way into my overdraft and I dont get paid till the end of January, but £10 is on its way now!

Dont visit the site so often these days, hope you remember who I am!

Div, as ive said to you in the past, the bargain forum could pay for the whole site, perhaps now it is time to get the affiliate links set up so that this is the only year you would have this problem.

Signing up to 888 just now.

Well, that's why a 'subscription fee' would be a good idea IMO. I can't imagine the trouble makers would be willing to pay £10 a year or whatever....

The problem is that eventually an annual fee scheme or even just a joining fee would kill the site off. Even if enough of the existing members would agree to pay it you'd be unlikely to ever get much in the way of new members. People who don't already post here are unlikely to fall over themselves to pay to become a member when there are any number of free forums out there even if of lesser quality.

On the plus side though a membership fee would completely kill off the aliases on the site unless some people have more money than sense! :)

I'm not on Paypal I don't think :unsure: but I'll stick a £20 cheque in the post either tomorrow or more likely Friday Div (as I'm out of the office tomorrow and won't have time to fanny about with it).

The problem is that eventually an annual fee scheme or even just a joining fee would kill the site off. Even if enough of the existing members would agree to pay it you'd be unlikely to ever get much in the way of new members. People who don't already post here are unlikely to fall over themselves to pay to become a member when there are any number of free forums out there even if of lesser quality.

On the plus side though a membership fee would completely kill off the aliases on the site unless some people have more money than sense! :)

I'm not on Paypal I don't think :unsure: but I'll stick a £20 cheque in the post either tomorrow or more likely Friday Div (as I'm out of the office tomorrow and won't have time to fanny about with it).

you really all should just sign up and stick $50 in 888, thats about £30 - they then double that, play $5 blackjack hands till you get $1000 gambled - 200 hands. You can then cash out your original $50 plus whatever you have left, in my case, $100 - so i was up $50 plus div gets his $200.

Ok - guys & gals - initial response has been terrific :D

I have the following report from 888.com showing three deposit signups so $600 USD;

post-1-1136451502_thumb.jpg

And the following paypal donations to date since I launched the appeal;

post-1-1136451533_thumb.jpg

In total then this accounts for £342 from 888.com and £105 in Paypals

Those that have signed up, and deposited their $50 USD into 888.com can forward their email receipt of payment to 888 and I will refund them that money once I have wired through my commission from them.

We still need a few more bucks but this response has been superb - thank you all !

As I said before, if we raise any excess funds I will use these for funding some competition prizes B)

you really all should just sign up and stick $50 in 888, thats about £30 - they then double that, play $5 blackjack hands till you get $1000 gambled - 200 hands. You can then cash out your original $50 plus whatever you have left, in my case, $100 - so i was up $50 plus div gets his $200.

Maybe I don't fully understand the rules but how does $50 get you 200 hands of blackjack?

What if you're absolute shite at blackjack and lose every time? That's $50 gone in only 10 hands

Maybe I don't fully understand the rules but how does $50 get you 200 hands of blackjack?

What if you're absolute shite at blackjack and lose every time? That's $50 gone in only 10 hands

when you put in $50, you get another $50, so you have $100. You gamble $5 at a time, with the odds at blackjack - providing your not daft its quite easy to play 200 hands and come out with the same amount you put in, i was up to 160 at one point, but ended up at $100 at the end when i cashed out. Just stick to $5 per game, double down on 11, never split unless you have 2 aces, dont take insurance.

Its a piece of piss really. If im better for the football on saturday, ill use the $50 for the P&B mini meet at sporsters for drinks, if i dont make it, ill donate it back to to div.

If div is prepared to give $50 back if you lose though, everyone should do this, its a no lose situation, you either win and cash out and div gets his $200 or you lose and div gets $150.

Archived