Firstscotrail Whatever The Feck They're Called

Rugster

Young Person's Railcards are great, use mine when going home from Edinburgh for Saints games.

A wee while ago FirstScotRail were wanting students to register on their website and they'd send out offers. Never did it, can't see it on their website now. Pity, as the first offer was any return journey for £15 (unless the journey would have cost less than that obviously!).

If you think their service is bad (and I do), the below link makes you wonder what the rest of the UK is like :unsure:

http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/content...?id=00000000094

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last weekend cos of the snow the trains were f'cked and our one as about 45 minutes late leaving Aberdeen cos they couldn't couple the trains up because they were frozen! Great banter wacthing the trains ram into each other and then not link up while old woman complained bitterly about it all.

But my main point here is actually to do with their ticket sales procedure. Under Scotrail you could get an APEX ticket for any journey so long as it was bought at least 48 jours in advance. When First came onboard it was any off peak journey and at least 48 hours in advance. Last night my mother decided that herself and my sister were going to pop through to Aberdeen for the day and went to buy a couple of tickets for them but was told by the woman they can't sell APEX tickets after 6pm through the week :blink:

Quite possibly one of the stupidest reasons I have ever heard someone give for not being able to buy a ticket <_< However my Mum could have bought two open return tickets for £31 each if she wanted :rolleyes:

Are the trains running ok with the snow, Andy?

As far as I am aware they are aye. I've been having a couple of checks of their Journeycheck service and no problems up this way. Seems to be mainly Glasgow that got f'cked over today AFAIK.

http://www.journeycheck.com/firstscotrail/

Don't want to leave now as Milan and Juve are playing! :lol:

As far as I am aware they are aye. I've been having a couple of checks of their Journeycheck service and no problems up this way. Seems to be mainly Glasgow that got f'cked over today AFAIK.

Yeah, AFAIK the trains that actually stop here were all cancelled earlier, yet the trains that don't, and use the same route, were still running. :rolleyes:

My train from Greenock to the "weej" was miraculously only two minutes late today, despite the snow.

Almost (almost) makes up for the fact that out of the four journeys home I took last week, I was late arriving home on 50% of them. In fact one of them only made it as far as Port Glasgow, where we were ordered to board busses. I shunned this, and phoned my dad, begging for a lift home. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Sheer incompetence from Scotrail yesterday. Normally the train from Aberdire to Inversneck is made up of two 2 carriage trains. However, in light of the fact that a large travelling support heading through to Sneck for a potential top 6 decider Scotrail decided to put on some extra carriages. Well, one to be exact. It sure made a hell of a difference.

Just after we left Huntly we were told that Keith was the last stop that they would be able to pick up any more passengers because the train would be far too crowded and it would only stop to set down and that buses would replace the train service for those looking to get on at Elgin, Forres and Nairn. Can't say I would have been to happy with that. Surely they must have known how many people would have been getting on and that there should have been more carriages available? :unsure:

General travel mayhem this weekend in our nations capital for me.

yesterday I was in the station when it was announced that all trains north were cancelled unti lfurther notice. I had to high tail it on a bus to get to work. Later found out it was due to someone being killed on the rail bridge :( Unsure whether it was a worker or a jumper.

Today alongisde the Hearts-Hibs game Haymarket station was shut for engineering. Almost all the trains were cancelled or re-routed and I had to go the 'scenic' route to Dalmeny <_< God knows what getting home will be like.

Bus service between Dumfries and Carlisle which was news to me.

Trains down were ok but they were late going north as they had to wait for the buses going from Carlisle to Gretna then Annan. :angry:

I had to go back to Glasgow via Troon.

Guest Adam Wee

I got the train up from Ayr today and we went via Killie.

Told us we just stayed on the train, nope :lol:

We got off that one, onto another one then finally one that we stayed on till we got to Glasgow.

To top it off, i ripped my new shoe on the train :(:(

Got the train to Dunfermline yesterday (from Edinburgh) at a cost of £4.70.

It was about the same when I got the train from Edinburgh to Livi this season yet it costs almost £2 more to go to Falkirk which is a similar distance.

Its an outrage that just because you are on the Glasgow line you get raped by Scotrail.

Its not as if you get a decent service.

• 3 months later...

What is the point in having so many different tickets for the same journey? I know you can get APEX and Day Returns for off peak travel I can't see any difference between 3 of those 5 tickets! :blink:

post-301-1152352511_thumb.jpg

Cheap day return is off peak travel in the same day.

Day return is peak travel in the same day.

Saver return is travel anytime within a month.

Standard open return is the same. (what's the point in that?)

First open return is first class travel anytime within a month.

• 3 months later...

:angry:

I booked two advance saver returns from Edinburgh to INverness on Monday, over the Scotrail telesales line. I was given a reference and told I could pick up my tickets from the Haymarket office on the Friday. I went in this morning as usual for my commute and asked for them. The guy said they weren't there, he searched on his system under my reference and my card and couldn't find them. Oh shoite I thought, so I went outside and phoned the telesales back. After being on hold for a few minutes they told me they had found my details and they would be faxed to the station in the next ten minutes. I waited, checked a couple of times but no details. Eventually I went to the ticket office and the lady behind the counter took my reference and phoned back the telesales desk - they couldn't find it :huh: I told her that my details must be there as less than half an hour previously I had been told they were being faxed across. Eventually they were sent over, apparently the issue was resovled by the telesales manager making everyone in the call centre stand up and asking them verbally who took my original call - how efficient!

Useless erse's left me an hour late for work :angry: I have sent an 'angry of fountainbridge' email to the c**ts.

I recently found out that Scotrail employees generally all carry a set of pre-printed complaint forms on them. I'm so deeply unsurprised by this revelation.

Archived