Firstscotrail Whatever The Feck They're Called

Rugster

Lots of people, especially in 'frontline services' (gies a joab Scottish Executive, I can talk pish too look!), work over Christmas and need to get into work.

A lot of folk would work overtime over Xmas. Certainly in our place any public holiday is triple time. Whether or not its available is the Co's decision.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are there SPL games on on a day where no trains running? Who the f'k makes these decisions? :huh:

Sums the SPL perfectly for me, clueless twats. :angry:

Ruggy, depending on circumstances I might be able to come through and pick you up and at least get you to Falkirk if that helps. Depends whether I am drinking on Christmas Day of course. I'll give you a shout nearer the time. ;)

Who the f**k decided to have fixtures on Boxing Day anyway with a very limited amount of public transport in operation? :huh:

If you want to go from Falkirk, you either need to drive, get a supporters bus, or lastly get the service bus from Callender Riggs. It leaves at half past the hour and takes about an hour and a half.

If you're travelling from Rutherglen it'll take about 4 days via the Kyle Of Lochalsh :D

Try this.

www.howtogettothefootballwhenthetrainsareoff.com

The SPL seem to have taken the lack of public transport into consideration when organising the boxing day games by lining up as many local fixtures as possible :blink:

Celtic v Livvy

Dunfermline v Rangers

Hertz v Falkirk

Inverness v Hibs

Killie v Utd

Motherwell v Aberdeen

All of these games will be a doddle to get to with no trains running <_<

big posters in some stations saying that there's essential engineering works in the falkirk area between new year and christmas. Network Rail are behind the works, so their site might say.

First in Glasgow are running buses on the bank holidays, Dunno about other bus companies though.

I don't mind it being about that throughout the year. God knows the profits these companies make are huge.

However, the government should tell them that they're providing a public service and force them to operate some services at least throughout the holiday season.

Sadly, that will never happen.

Can you just imagine if the gas companies said, "we're all taking the day off on Boxing Day, if you want a heat you'll have to set fire to Granny"?

Don't get me wrong, I agree.

UK rail and bus firm FirstGroup reported lower first-half profits today as higher fuel bills hit its business.

For the six months to the end of September, the UK's largest bus company and one of the biggest operators of yellow school buses in the US delivered pre-tax profits of £55.3m compared with £64.3m for the same period a year ago.

Furthermore these clowns are bumping up all there prices too. Trains are never on time but they want you to pay an extra £1. Fuckin w**ks . Allowing the trains to be owned by a private company was the beginning of the end of a decent service.

Guest AyrDelighted

A fellow Ayr fan was saying at the weekend that the first train from Glasgow to Ayr on the 2nd of January is 2pm, so he's struggling to make our trip to Gretna.

Check your fixtures for the following week too folks to avoid disappointment.

There are a number of professions where folk have to work over Christmas and New Year - public transport should be one of them! Its drummed into our heads not to drink and drive (quite rightly), so then you canny get anywhere cos there's no alternative transport except rip-off taxis that charge double/triple fare and make you wait for hours. :angry:

I only realised today that the timetables were changing! Thank Gawd this is the last week, or else I'd have to pay £4.90 to get into Uni on time on a Tuesday instead of £3.55.

The trains have completely lost it since First took over the franchise.

To add insult to injury, First announced a few days ago that the prices of some services is going to increase by as much as 10% soon.

There was another price hike earlier in the year ffs! The "rising fuel costs" excuse doesn't work when oil already reached its peak price for this year!

On Sunday, my opinion of First ShitRail wasn't improved much at all. My plans to get to Stirling by 11.30am were thrown into the air by a completely unpublicised delay to the Glasgow to Edinburgh trains, meaning we'd almost certainly have been stuck in darkest Polmont for an hour. The attitude of the ShitRail staff member selling me the tickets was like "you should know this stuff, and I shouldn't have to help you with it" - customer service is not their strong point.

And don't get me started on their poorly publicised timetable changes..... :angry:

UK rail and bus firm FirstGroup reported lower first-half profits today as higher fuel bills hit its business.

For the six months to the end of September, the UK's largest bus company and one of the biggest operators of yellow school buses in the US delivered pre-tax profits of £55.3m compared with £64.3m for the same period a year ago.

Am I the only person that wonders how they can make still make a £55m profit and still claim they need to hike the prices? :blink:

I love Capitalism! :rolleyes:

I began boycotting ScotRail about 3 years ago and used buses to get to and from uni and work. Only started using trains because I now cycle to and from work and my flat. A quick comparison between ScotRail and Stagecoach buses:

Bus

-Student open-ended return, from Fife to Edinburgh at any time (on display of Matric card) or a cheap day return outwith peak returns. Both of which are cheaper than the train.

-You're practically guaranteed a seat.

-I could count on my hand how many times a bus has been late or not shown up.

-Travel time: around 40mins

Train

-Standard fare or cheap day return outwith peak hours. Young Scot card (which you pay for!) isn't valid before 9am.

-You're practically guaranteed to stand.

-I could count on my hand how many times a train has been on time or shown up at all.

-Travel time: around 40mins

Why are there SPL games on on a day where no trains running? Who the f'k makes these decisions? :huh:

Sums the SPL perfectly for me, clueless twats. :angry:

Ruggy, depending on circumstances I might be able to come through and pick you up and at least get you to Falkirk if that helps. Depends whether I am drinking on Christmas Day of course. I'll give you a shout nearer the time. ;)

Same in the First - we've got QOS away. The train is usually the best bit of that :lol:

The train companies are a disgrace. EVERYTHING about them sends out the message that they care much more about getting yer money than providing a decent service. The barriers at Paisley usually have one person selling tickets and four checking them. :angry:

Archived