Firstscotrail Whatever The Feck They're Called

Rugster

What a shower of jokers!!

How the feck am I supposed to have a right good scoop on Boxing Day and get to Tynecastle and back when there are no trains running?

What a pile of shite!

I know most people don't work on boxing day, but there's drinking to be done! :angry:

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thefamousphilosifer

What a shower of jokers!!

How the feck am I supposed to have a right good scoop on Boxing Day and get to Tynecastle and back when there are no trains running?

What a pile of shite!

I know most people don't work on boxing day, but there's drinking to be done! :angry:

There running trains from Stirling to Glasgow(I think) on Boxing Day for some reason though. I was planning for a pub crawl in Edinburgh after the game, that won't be happening now :angry:

Will GNER be running trains - takes you from Glasgow Central via Motherwell to Embra!

Any use?

It would ! Good man!

However I can't find out if it's running because their timetable online thing is apparently fecked at the moment,

Shall call them

Will report back

I was wondering about this, as it might be the only match in about 6 months I can get to, and I'd rather not drive.

GNER say

December 26

As usual, there will be no GNER services on this day

:(

edit: too slow...

In fact, there is no excuse at all for the rails being shut on ANY day of the year.

Many people are unable to get around by other means than public transport. At the very least there should be a skeleton service running.

In fact, there is no excuse at all for the rails being shut on ANY day of the year.

Many people are unable to get around by other means than public transport. At the very least there should be a skeleton service running.

Its all about the £££s :(

Its all about the £££s :(

I don't mind it being about that throughout the year. God knows the profits these companies make are huge.

However, the government should tell them that they're providing a public service and force them to operate some services at least throughout the holiday season.

Sadly, that will never happen.

Can you just imagine if the gas companies said, "we're all taking the day off on Boxing Day, if you want a heat you'll have to set fire to Granny"?

True. I am working Christmas day and have had to email round the nurses asking if one of them can give me a lift in. If they can't it will either be a taxi (hello £30 fare) or spending the night at my girlfriends mothers empty house and a two mile walk (or perhaps bike ride) to work on Christmas morning. The buses have a skeleton service but the trains don't :huh: And they are both owned by First :huh:

Lots of people, especially in 'frontline services' (gies a joab Scottish Executive, I can talk pish too look!), work over Christmas and need to get into work. No doubt the surly, sour-pused bus drivers would go on strike if they were forced to work :angry: They are a shower of fuds, I know more about fares than most of them.

Also, I caught an 86 to Haymarket on Saturday and the driver was a Grade A c**t. I got on and asked how much a fare to Haymarket was as I never use First in town, but he replied "That's no' the bus stop, eh." When I asked him what the heck he was driveling about he pointed out I'd been standing five feet away from teh actual sign when I flagged him down. Considering he'd let me on and had been dropping another passenger off, why point that out? Surely the fact that I'd been running down the street flagging him was enough of a hint.? Dick. Then later in the journey an old guy, not to steady on his pins, got up, pressed the bell and walked quite slowly down the aisle. the driver let off a few younger guys but closed the doors and started to drive off. The guy and a few other people called out 'driver' but he just sped off half/three quareters of a mile down the road to the next stop :huh::angry: When the old guy got to the front he just said "Oh ah cannae stoap for too long, eh." Aye, I'm sure First would be writing you P45 for stopping five seconds longer to let the OAP off.

Are there any buses on boxing day that will go from Glasgow to Edinburgh?

In fact, are there ever any buses that go from Glasgow to Edinburgh? I'm not hugely knowledgeable on public transport eh what? Ok yah

Are there any buses on boxing day that will go from Glasgow to Edinburgh?

In fact, are there ever any buses that go from Glasgow to Edinburgh? I'm not hugely knowledgeable on public transport eh what? Ok yah

I'd try Citylink's site.

Guest Stella Addict

Don't get me started on First F'ckn Scotrail!!!! I have lost count the number of times I have complained!!

Ruggy, Citylink have a Saturday Service running, you might want to check Motorvator (stagecoach I think). They do a direct service from Buchannan St Station to Edinburgh ;)

Archived