How Many Will We Beat Lithuania By?

Iain

How many goals will we thrash Lithuania by?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last qualification campaign saw Lithuania draw at home to Italy, but also lost there 4-0 to Georgia and 6-1 to Hungary:

Team P W D L GF:GA Pts

Italy 8 6 2 0 16:3 20

Romania 8 5 1 2 10:7 16

Georgia 8 3 1 4 12:12 10

Hungary 8 2 2 4 14:13 8

Lithuania 8 0 2 6 3:20 2

03-SEP-00 Bucharest Romania : Lithuania 1:0 (0:0) Steaua

07-OCT-00 Kaunas Lithuania : Georgia 0:4 (0:2) S Darius & S Girenas

11-OCT-00 Kaunas Lithuania : Hungary 1:6 (0:2) S Darius & S Girenas

24-MAR-01 Budapest Hungary : Lithuania 1:1 (0:0) Nepstadion

28-MAR-01 Trieste Italy : Lithuania 4:0 (1:0) Nereo Rocco

06-JUN-01 Kaunas Lithuania : Romania 1:2 (0:1) S Darius & S Girenas

01-SEP-01 Kaunas Lithuania : Italy 0:0 S Darius & S Girenas

05-SEP-01 Tbilisi Georgia : Lithuania 2:0 (0:0) Lokomotivi

I take it there's no middle ground between "We won't win" and "Win by two"?

Seriously, Lithuania are no mugs and a draw will do for me. I hope we win and I believe we can win obviously but a draw is no bad result.

Defeat however would make things very difficult for us.

Robbed. We were due a penalty for a foul on Hutchison, they weren't due one for the dive. If the ref gets those two calls right we win. I wish FIFA would find officials who let the teams decide the result instead of influencing the game to the result they want.

And Lithuania are the biggest bunch of diving cheats I have ever seen.

We deserved to win that game.

:angry:

I will watch the video when I get home from work, but from the sounds of things we were toothless. Why did Bertie come out with all that "a draw would be a great result" shyte - why not play Devlin from the start to give us some attacking force down the right, encourage naysmith to push forward on the left, get Cameron in for McNamara, not play Hutchison when he isn't match fit and put our most promising young players (i.e. James McFadden) into the squad, at least to come off the bench. Surely Gareth Williams, one of the best midfielders in the English First Division, would be better in centre midfield than McNamara?

This is typical Scotland, b0ll0cks up a game a few days after getting a good result. Farking typical.

:angry::angry::angry:

ICTChris - Hindsight Tartan Army, Highland Brigade

Guest Ruggy Bairn

And Lithuania are the biggest bunch of diving cheats I have ever seen.

We deserved to win that game.

Never a truer word spoken. The thing is, a referee of FIFA standard should never, NEVER have allowed himself to be taken in so easily by it all. Some of the diving was bordering on the ridiculous, and if he'd held the letter of the law, the game would have been abandoned due to the amount of bookings - which would have converted into reds.

Absolutely shocking, but we should still have put them away.

Guest mabozza ricci

Last night was in my opinion not too bad a dipslay by five os six of our players - Wilkie and Pressley in defence had excelent games, Naysmith down the left showed Neil McCann how its done properly, and Hutchison and Miller showed we have players with even a little bit of flair in them, while Gallacher in goals was faultless. The rest, excluding Crawford as i still see him as a useful back-up striker, and Devlin, who im still not overly convinced with, can get to phuq. Dailly is a waste of space, Lambert had to pay three times to get back in because he took the ball so deep- reason for so few attacks- Alexander is a f*cking numpty, and McNamara is happy being a Tim sub so he can beat it . In saying that, i still say we will get second place, we will winour two home games against the weaker sides and are capable of taking apoint at home to the Germans, which would give us 14 points, and as things stand, would give us 2nd spot outright.

We deserved nothing from the game last night and that's what we got. The players were haning on for a draw and you could see the reaction when the penalty went in that they knew they were beat.

The whole team was shite, disinterested and showed no enthusiasm for the game. We'd be better sending the Scottish Juniors team out.

Watched the first half - Worst game ever! I'm convinced Falkirk would beat them. I watched the whole England v Turkey match, as I had a bet on Turkey and more than 11 eleven corners, it was a cracking game.

There were 14 corners B) but Turkey done me out of £20 on my mid-week coupon :angry:

Happens all the time, we do well then do really badly.

Like a yo yo. :(

I think the best we can hope for now is a play off.

We only have 1 away game left mind, thats away to Germany though. <_<

If we win the rest of our games we would win the group. Think positive as mabozza would advise. ;)

Guest mabozza ricci

No, Michael Owen diving against Argentina was much worse. Twice the little b*****d got away with it!

Archived