Was the moon landing fake?

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Do you believe that the moon landing was fake?

I do not.

Do you mean the first one in 1969, all 6 or some number in between? 

Anyway, no, I don't think it/they involved fakery. I've seen no convincing evidence to suggest that. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I met a guy in my old job who firmly believed the earth was flat, NASA was just all actors and the moon landing footage was shot in a warehouse in Nevada. Glad he didn’t come to deliver to our shop often. 

How do you get into that conversation with the delivery man? I don't remember ever asking my postman about space travel.

Given the fact that the actual moon landers are visible through powerful telescopes, it's a no. I do think however that some of the photographs they took on the moon were edited and later released in primitively touched-up form which obviously has been fuel for the later flat-earthers and conspiracy nuts.

Comparison of the Apollo 17 landing site between the original 16 mm footage shot from the LM window during ascent in 1972, and the 2011 lunar reconnaissance orbiter image of the Apollo 17 landing site. From the EEVdiscover video.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How do you get into that conversation with the delivery man? I don't remember ever asking my postman about space travel.

I used to bring in the deliveries at Tesco and the lorry driver asked me “Do you believe that NASA went to the moon?” which ended up in an hour long conversation in him explaining how the earth is flat, the moon landing is fake, the camera feed to the ISS is filmed infront of a green screen etc. 

Kept me amused while I was half asleep on a Sunday morning. 

You have to remember this was the late 60s. Would be far easier to fake stuff like that today, but back then? Na. 

Also, the amount of people who would have needed to be 'in on it' and never talk about it would be insane, someone would have blabbered by now. 

15 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Also, the amount of people who would have needed to be 'in on it' and never talk about it would be insane, someone would have blabbered by now. 

This is the reason why almost every conspiracy theory ever concocted is made-up nonsense. They are all predicated on the belief that human beings are not fucking gobshites (they are).

Edited by Jives Miguel

42 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I used to bring in the deliveries at Tesco and the lorry driver asked me “Do you believe that NASA went to the moon?” which ended up in an hour long conversation in him explaining how the earth is flat, the moon landing is fake, the camera feed to the ISS is filmed infront of a green screen etc. 

Kept me amused while I was half asleep on a Sunday morning. 

I have also met flat earther Tesco delivery drivers. I bet the depot is great fun in the mornings.

I worked with a flat earther a few years ago.   I work for a satellite broadcaster. His desk was a few feet away from monitoring software showing the position of satellites around the earth. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Im sorry to inform the OP that the moon has in fact never landed anywhere.  Its still floating about in the sky.

If you go out later tonight you may see it (approx 77% waning).

There is a theory that the Earth and Moon were masses which collided and formed into what we now know.

Regrettably when they separated the Moon didn't take places like Airdrie and Greenock with it.