The Partick Thistle Liquidation Waiting Room/Gravedancing shoe polishing Thread

A thread to discuss the ensuing financial MELTDOWN happening to Partick football club. They are HAEMORRHAGING more cash than their defence did goals in Dingwall. Needing a 300k HANDOUT from Big Daddy Rangers to settle wagebills. Several instances of almost DEFAULTING on their wagebill throughout the season. All of their best players out of contract in the summer, with NO SELLABLE ASSETS. The situation appears untenable at Firhill and one would have to assume that liquidation can only be A MATTER OF TIME.  Yes, we are experiencing a situation that could only be described as a GRIM STATE OF AFFAIRS for all Partick fans.

Spoiler

ainsley-harriott-spicy.gif

How much longer will professional football survive in Maryhill?

Does anyone want to play a sweepstake on which  date Partick will kick the bucket?

Are there any players you would like your club pick off from the decaying corpse of Partick?

Does anyone know where I can get tap dancing shoes in size 10?

at a guess we'll end up doing similar when we had to pay HMRC a few years back and sold off Twaddle and Harkins to raise circa £200k. Fitzpatrick, McMillan, Milne could fetch reasonable 5 figure fees imo. Will be a bit shite, but hopefully we'll rally round and rebuild. It Can Be Done!

Fantasy scenario is Doolan turns out to be a miracle worker and scrambles together an island of misfit toys good enough to give us a couple of solid cup runs + still sneaks us into fourth.

Reality is more likely a season like Hamilton just had.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You're an absolute dork.

"dork" lol

You know we have plenty of words here in this country. you can say with the same meaning? You're one of these peoples that says dude IRL, calls trainers sneakers and watches NFL, I can tell. 

And thank you for the feedback dude xxox

Despite having an  "issue" with Thistle after the McCall scenario and our encounters over the play offs ( Muirhead, you can just piss right off) I am sure they will get through this and hope they will. I don't want the fan base to suffer for a few dick players either.

The fans have avoided the other options in Glasgow. Keep that in mind.  ( One team in Glasgow) I prefer a trip to Firhill to many away days.  There are many teams I dislike more.  

Edited by Somerset 2010

3 hours ago, Somerset 2010 said:

Despite having an  "issue" with Thistle after the McCall scenario and our encounters over the play offs ( Muirhead, you can just piss right off) I am sure they will get through this and hope they will. I don't want the fan base to suffer for a few dick players either.

The fans have avoided the other options in Glasgow. Keep that in mind.  ( One team in Glasgow) I prefer a trip to Firhill to many away days.  There are many teams I dislike more.  

This. There's naturally been a bit of animosity on the end of the 19/20 season but they've nothing but my support. f**k Jacqui Low and all her shitty attempts to subvert the fans.

I seen a Rangers fan lead media account on twitter and their support are giving it "they'll get the same support we did in 2012". It'll be funny as f**k if the Jags fans can get their club through.

It is the kind of second half performance that could set that club back years. Just don't concede three goals in 45 minutes and you are a Premiership team and everything that comes with it. Bottle it, and now you will have Dundee Utd and Dunfermline in the league next year and promotion looks further away than ever. Thistle more likely to exit to League 1 than the Premiership now IMHO. Shame.

38 minutes ago, Lex said:

It is the kind of second half performance that could set that club back years. Just don't concede three goals in  45  20 minutes and you are a Premiership team and everything that comes with it. Bottle it, and now you will have Dundee Utd and Dunfermline in the league next year and promotion looks further away than ever. Thistle more likely to exit to League 1 than the Premiership now IMHO. Shame.

I read the statement that The Jags Foundation put out. Couldn't help but notice how close to home some of it was; the bit about drawing Rangers in the cup preventing an astronomical loss being one of them.

Bad owners, whether by design or just incompetence, can so easily be fatal at this level. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Lex said:

It is the kind of second half performance that could set that club back years. Just don't concede three goals in 45 minutes and you are a Premiership team and everything that comes with it. Bottle it, and now you will have Dundee Utd and Dunfermline in the league next year and promotion looks further away than ever. Thistle more likely to exit to League 1 than the Premiership now IMHO. Shame.

There is definitely a sense that if you don't quite reach the summit of the mountain your liable to take the quick route to the base again.

Part of that is finding sustainability to mount any kind of a challenge in terms of sheer costs. You either gamble on making it, on the basis that speculation is accumulation or try other off field ventures to try and build the kind of fanbase that would let you sustain multiple challenges.

Then you have the issue of keeping a group of good players together long enough to have a second go at it, once other, higher placed clubs take notice.

Within our play off system I suspect you get a hangover from the fact that you end up playing 3 to 4 weeks extra of a season, some championship clubs will have had a 6 week lay off, others more likely half of that.

All of that alongside the morale hangover from getting close and making a c**t of it. Off the top of my head, Raith (pre play offs) in 2011/12, Morton in (13/14), Arbroath in 20/21 all had bad hangover seasons after challenging the previous season.

1 hour ago, renton said:

There is definitely a sense that if you don't quite reach the summit of the mountain your liable to take the quick route to the base again.

Part of that is finding sustainability to mount any kind of a challenge in terms of sheer costs. You either gamble on making it, on the basis that speculation is accumulation or try other off field ventures to try and build the kind of fanbase that would let you sustain multiple challenges.

Then you have the issue of keeping a group of good players together long enough to have a second go at it, once other, higher placed clubs take notice.

Within our play off system I suspect you get a hangover from the fact that you end up playing 3 to 4 weeks extra of a season, some championship clubs will have had a 6 week lay off, others more likely half of that.

All of that alongside the morale hangover from getting close and making a c**t of it. Off the top of my head, Raith (pre play offs) in 2011/12, Morton in (13/14), Arbroath in 20/21 all had bad hangover seasons after challenging the previous season.

Wouldn’t be surprised if ourselves, QP and Ayr all struggle next season after last game failures.