Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If Duffy is in charge of signing players this is the absolute standard. Last minute, exit trial pish and dregs that no one else wanted was generally what we ended up with. The amount of good players he let leave for peanut wages elsewhere was also a huge frustration - I’m convinced he had totally lost touch with what a decent League 1 player should be earning. We had sponsors step in to bulk up deals he’d offered some players so that they wouldn’t also join the mass exodus. Christ, he even had extra money to use in the form of a managers fund that fans set up and he didn’t even use it!

I remember a summer where I was genuinely concerned we’d be struggling to field a starting 11 for the cup games. His January moves we’re always last minute as well, even when it came to extending loans - I’m sure we lost Dom Thomas for about 3 weeks before he finally pulled his finger out his arse and extended the loan. 

Edited to add: the exit trials are this weekend so maybe you’ll see some movement after that. 

You'd think after all this time he'd sense some type of pattern forming, but apparently not.

I do wonder if he's even bothering speaking to players. There are plenty who have signed with other clubs that you'd imagine would comfortably fit within our (relatively low) budget.

Just for a bit of debate, here are 10 players (taken from Narey's Toepoker) who are currently out of contract that I would take at Clyde:

Scott Gallacher, Wullie Muir, Jon Robertson, Robbie Leitch, Ross Philp, Stuart Carswell, Russell MacLean, Joe McKee, Nathan Flanagan, Sean Crighton.

I imagine we'll sign 0/10.

Carswell or McKee then presumably. Would be content enough with either. 

18 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Just for a bit of debate, here are 10 players (taken from Narey's Toepoker) who are currently out of contract that I would take at Clyde:

Scott Gallacher, Wullie Muir, Jon Robertson, Robbie Leitch, Ross Philp, Stuart Carswell, Russell MacLean, Joe McKee, Nathan Flanagan, Sean Crighton.

I imagine we'll sign 0/10.

I done something similar a few days back, had a couple of they names plus a few others who have already signed for clubs I'd expect us to be able to compete with.

The PFA Scotland list is completely underused and is in no way a reflection of which players are actually available. 

The whole club needs injected with life. Announce a home kit, put up an interview with the new manager (why isn't there one?), tell us about season tickets, friendlies etc. 

Posting about directors just reminds us that we've traditionally snuck new (or returning) ones through the back door. I suppose that is progress of sorts.

Looking at the aforementioned lists these would be the ones I would at least be asking about. Also a fair few Duffites in there.

Kyle MacDonald, Jake Carroll, Nikolay Todorov, Kevin O'Hara, Rumarn Burrell, PJ Morrison, Paul Watson, Kevin Dabrovski, Aaron Splaine, Stuart Carswell, Jon Robertson, Euan Deveney, Reece Lyon, Lewis Strapp, Wullie Muir, Robbie Leitch, Jamie Barjonas, Joe Cardle, Kallum Higginbotham,  Dave McKay, Stuart Morrison,Ally Love, Martin McNiff, Ryan McGeever.

Anyone ordered one of the matchwinner tops? Wondering how the sizing is, most footy tops are slim fit these days but I've had a few classic Scotland tops that have been regular fit and if anything, big for their size.

Edited by maccanee

32 minutes ago, maccanee said:

Anyone ordered one of the matchwinner tops? Wondering how the sizing is, most footy tops are slim fit these days but I've had a few classic Scotland tops that have been regular fit and if anything, big for their size.

According to the sizing guide they have a Small at a chest 41.5 , is that not normally a medium ?

5 hours ago, maccanee said:

I've got one on order and arriving Monday. Can let you know then what it like. 

Agree with the other poster thought the sizing guide looked big for each size.