Tranent 2023/24

Omnishambles

7 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

New season around the corner. A new manager in and what looks like a lot of personnel changes to the squad to hopefully build on a solid first campaign in the fifth tier. Where do we see this season going?

Looking for a comparable or better season Omni, pretty certain the new signings will all be announced in the next few days.

Its exciting times for Tranent FC.

Lie Forrit

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Awkward.

The response to the Forster deal is to be expected, and it's understandable, as it would be with any club that took a punt on him at this moment in time - only added to by Nish being in the news for the same reasons. Anyone at the club with their finger remotely on the pulse must have been ready for the backlash that confirming the signing would bring. I'll leave it at that for now. If everything is eventually cleared with it all then I wish him all the best as I'm sure we've landed a very good player for this level. Don't want it to take anything away from Alan Horne's return either. A fantastic player coming home.

4 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

The response to the Forster deal is to be expected, and it's understandable, as it would be with any club that took a punt on him at this moment in time - only added to by Nish being in the news for the same reasons. Anyone at the club with their finger remotely on the pulse must have been ready for the backlash that confirming the signing would bring. I'll leave it at that for now. If everything is eventually cleared with it all then I wish him all the best as I'm sure we've landed a very good player for this level. Don't want it to take anything away from Alan Horne's return either. A fantastic player coming home.

Yeah, it just seems a strange paradox with Nish leaving in almost identical circumstances, really couldn’t script that.