Annan Athletic. League 1. Season 23/24

13 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Welcome anyway ,where do you realistically think you will finish ?

Anything less than first will be seen as failure!

To be honest though, 8th place ( or above) would be good. We like to take things slow and steady here at Annan. 

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Looking forward to visiting your ground this year. I like a long away day!

I'd love to be as spoiled as you that 2 hours seems long to you :(

On 05/06/2023 at 10:22, Hauftimedraw said:

Anything less than first will be seen as failure!

To be honest though, 8th place ( or above) would be good. We like to take things slow and steady here at Annan. 

Stuff the soft talk.

If you don't aim high you don't get high.

We've kept most of the team who were the 1st league 2 team to get through group stages of the League Cup.

Great camaraderie ,boys did well & that counts for a lot.

.Yeh let's get more quality for competition, improve ,move forward  but lets show the full time teams  we are in for the fight.

On 04/06/2023 at 15:43, Hauftimedraw said:

A big hello to all our new friends in league one! Looking forward to some fresh adventures after 15 seasons in the basement...

Welcome to league 1 Annan hope you kick on here but not at our expense 😂😂

So we have signed up alot of last seasons squad, was positive we would lose a few to better sides but thankfully that hasn't happened. Anyone heard of any new potential signings coming in? Surely we will get a few from Carlisle like we normally do. 

3 hours ago, annanbear said:

So we have signed up alot of last seasons squad, was positive we would lose a few to better sides but thankfully that hasn't happened. Anyone heard of any new potential signings coming in? Surely we will get a few from Carlisle like we normally do. 

Suppose you could count last season's loans in the "lose a few" list. Don't see Lyon or Kilsby coming back.

One I'd like to see come in from Carlisle is Josh Dixon, midfielder. He looked like a really good prospect but serious injuries have held him back and he's been released this summer. Worth a try at part time though, he might see Moxon's progress as an inspiration 

16 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Suppose you could count last season's loans in the "lose a few" list. Don't see Lyon or Kilsby coming back.

One I'd like to see come in from Carlisle is Josh Dixon, midfielder. He looked like a really good prospect but serious injuries have held him back and he's been released this summer. Worth a try at part time though, he might see Moxon's progress as an inspiration 

I was told he had been training with annan.

• 2 weeks later...

Our first new signing of the season is in the bag.

Midfeilder Josh Dixon who was released earlier this year from Carlisle United joins us today. Hopefully Josh can kick on and stay injury free after suffering several serious injuries in the past. 

I've been reasonably informed that our new man comes from the same mould as ex Annan midfielder Owen Moxon.

Here's hoping 🖤💛

Hearing from a carlisle supporting friend of mine Dixon was a decent player and if it wasn't for his injuries he could have quite easily played for carlisle last season.

Does anyone know if annan are bringing out new kits for the up coming season?

Edited by annanbear

Yeah as I said a few posts up Dixon was really promising a few seasons ago. I'm not at all surprised, but delighted he's joined Annan. If fit, he should be an asset

3 hours ago, Holmes1970 said:

I've been reasonably informed that our new man comes from the same mould as ex Annan midfielder Owen Moxon.

I think he's more attack minded and can play wide. Could be wrong though, been a while since I saw him in action.