Dundee United 23/24

20 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Welcome back to the Terrors (do you still get called that?). 
I like Dundee (the city). 
I used to go to United games in the late 80s as a kid so always had a soft spot for them. 
And we no longer have to put up with that fucking awful “Thank You” shtick at the end of every post. 

Looking forward to next season already. 

Buzz off. 

thank you. 

Thanks for the kind words from all the good guys in the Championship, which I'm hearing has recently become the most handsome division on average in the league system.

It's looking like a fun season with a welcome return to some great away days.

I'm particularly looking forward to days out in Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and Falkirk.

Spoiler

picard.gif.d7af4515031c599bbcdc25919c4cb37b.gif

2 hours ago, Alan_G said:

9/14 posts on this page by Dees but aye sure. Still remember that match day when the Dundee post of a game they were losing had about 3 pages on it, and the United one had about 10 pages of frothing Dees cos we were winning. I know this is like a double DVD season for you all but maybe work on being less bitter about having to ask relatives via a seance what it's like to win something relevant.

Keep making predictions though about what Uniteds future is. The mediums who didn't see 2 admins coming and were convinced that 15, er 12, 10, maybe 8, is it 5 million was coming from De Stefano and that you are absolutely away to spend 100m+ on a new stadium etc as soon as you can scrape together the money to buy back Dens.

Cry more.

I was wondering where some of the players who left in summer 2022 were playing now, and was stunned to find Adrián Spörle is playing regularly for Arsenal Sarandi in Argentina's top league. His club are sitting at the bottom of the table, but only one point behind six others after 19 games of a 27 match season.

The only match he's missed has been Arsenal's worst result of the season, a 3-0 home defeat to Racing Club.

Nonetheless Spörle has taken part in memorable wins, a stunning away victory against league leaders River Plate, and recently a triumph at home over Boca Juniors last Friday.

AdrianSporle.thumb.jpg.229175075cb5224bd69acb878c941122.jpg

19 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

The good thing for United fans to look forward to is your Derry Brers firmly put the QueensPark mouthpieces back in their box and they won't be getting ideas above their station now unless another load of money is chucked at it.

Took you a full 36 games to do it. Not quite firmly, despite how shite we were for the last two months of the season.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Took you a full 36 games to do it. Not quite firmly, despite how shite we were for the last two months of the season.

I said at the start of the season how it would pan out - and it did. It was fun watching it unfold. 

episode 4 lady GIF

12 hours ago, Alan_G said:

9/14 posts on this page by Dees but aye sure. Still remember that match day when the Dundee post of a game they were losing had about 3 pages on it, and the United one had about 10 pages of frothing Dees cos we were winning. I know this is like a double DVD season for you all but maybe work on being less bitter about having to ask relatives via a seance what it's like to win something relevant.

Keep making predictions though about what Uniteds future is. The mediums who didn't see 2 admins coming and were convinced that 15, er 12, 10, maybe 8, is it 5 million was coming from De Stefano and that you are absolutely away to spend 100m+ on a new stadium etc as soon as you can scrape together the money to buy back Dens.

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channel

17 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Of course the easiest way to stop derby rivals frequenting your thread is to be the better team.  Talking of which it’s been some considerable time since @Granny Danger @Twinkle and @Szamo's_Ammo have posted on the Dundee thread.  There was a small period of time they used to be regular visitors on the Dundee thread.  

I’m sorry if you’re feeling neglected.

Anyway, congratulations on the promotion.

18 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Of course the easiest way to stop derby rivals frequenting your thread is to be the better team.  Talking of which it’s been some considerable time since @Granny Danger @Twinkle and @Szamo's_Ammo have posted on the Dundee thread.  There was a small period of time they used to be regular visitors on the Dundee thread.  

I cant believe you are that desperate for attention that you have started tagging people..

Your woeful attempts at getting bites on our previous thread got the extremely short shrift it deserved. But you keep chipping away slugger 🤣

Gutted to go down with a whimper as we did but part of me is looking forward to next season. And as has been mentioned before we don't need to play the arse cheeks unless by some miracle we make it to the fourth round or group stage of one of the cups.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m sorry if you’re feeling neglected.

Anyway, congratulations on the promotion.

That’s a very kind and considerate post* - unlike some others on here. 

*I’m worried I may feel obliged to return the sentiment about this time next year…….

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I cant believe you are that desperate for attention that you have started tagging people..

Your woeful attempts at getting bites on our previous thread got the extremely short shrift it deserved. But you keep chipping away slugger 🤣

Just checking you’re ok.  Good to see you haven’t changed.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Looks like you are alone. Sorry about that chaps, heard you offered a grand a week more than us but the big team in a town is always going to be more attractive. 

42C07D67-772A-4166-8206-3072A9B4F95A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Looks like you are alone. Sorry about that chaps, heard you offered a grand a week more than us but the big team in a town is always going to be more attractive. 

42C07D67-772A-4166-8206-3072A9B4F95A.jpeg

How do you Dee's always find out what's going on with utd behind the scenes regarding finances etc but us arabs don't have that information?

23 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

How do you Dee's always find out what's going on with utd behind the scenes regarding finances etc but us arabs don't have that information?

I’m going to let you into a secret. We completely make it all up - obvs.