Welcome one and all to the Championship. 

Pars - We get the derby back after last years New Years pairing with Accies.  let’s be honest it’s a step up from Cove in terms of support and stadium and the Bridies are no bad. 

Airdrie - Alright who let this mob back Up here! Accies or Airdrie made zero difference to me, both central belt teams and easy to get to.  

Dundee Utd - lose Dundee get Dundee Utd keeps a decent gate and an away day to Dundee. 

Ross County (assuming Partick don’t Hibs it) - Not great for most barring ICT but I’ve never been to Dingwall so get to tick that off the list. (If it’s Partick away day to Glasgow is alway decent). 

Edited by San Starko Rover

21 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Dundee Utd for Dundee, that's fine. City of discovery is good for an away day and Tannadice is superior anyway.

You're an uncultured oaf. 

I'm now ecstatic Partick drybummed you lot.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

You're an uncultured oaf. 

I'm now ecstatic Partick drybummed you lot.

We are small time and uncultured, I'll give you that.

FxIQ5YFWIAkZ4ZL.jpg.7fe7822fdaccb41062d4fc1a8da976ba.jpg

See you Dundee boys in just over a year or so x

30 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Hey, it's been a while since we were here. Is it still the same posters as before who are the complete arseholes or are there any new ones to look out for?

As far as I can tell Morton are the Championships Falkirk and that Arbroath fella still posts about 100 times every single day. Other than that it's fine.

36 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Airdrie replacing Hamilton is very meh. Same thing really, isn't it.

This genuinely surprises me a wee bit as Airdrie Vs Ayr is a fixture with a lot of needle over the years. Although, to be fair, I suppose it's only to be expected given the decade or so we've spent stalled in the third tier.

We're definitely more interesting than the Accies, even if just for pantomime villain purposes.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

As far as I can tell Morton are the Championships Falkirk and that Arbroath fella still posts about 100 times every single day. Other than that it's fine.

Looks like I’m going to have to do a lot of work going through all of your posts from the last month or so and rescinding greenies for this slur.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Looks like I’m going to have to do a lot of work going through all of your posts from the last month or so and rescinding greenies for this slur.

Haha you have my apologies sir, you are generally one of the good guys it has to be said.

You do have some elite level rocket posters mind you.

Edit: atrocious spelling 

Edited by cb_diamond

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Haha you have my apologies sir, you are generally one of the good guys it has to be said.

You do have some elite level rocket posters mind you.

Edit: atrocious spelling 

Aye, of course we do, but every club does.

And to be fair to our fans, some of them are a bit excitable, but given that we’ve just enjoyed our best season in a wee while and are seeing genuine progress on and off the park, it’s not surprising to see folk get ahead of themselves.

Morton’s trajectory since our play-off meeting a couple of years ago provides scope for cautious optimism. Falkirk’s trajectory? Well…

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

This genuinely surprises me a wee bit as Airdrie Vs Ayr is a fixture with a lot of needle over the years. Although, to be fair, I suppose it's only to be expected given the decade or so we've spent stalled in the third tier.

We're definitely more interesting than the Accies, even if just for pantomime villain purposes.

Yeah I guess that's fair. Always was a bit of needle in our games. In fact, the hope of beating you lot in one of those fixtures was one of the few highlights of usually otherwise atrocious seasons for both clubs in the third tier. 

Interesting to see what these games could be like this season. A lot of younger supporters probably don't know about / understand the needle that existed. I know it's only been 5 or so seasons since we last met in L1 (has there been any cup ties since?) but even then I felt our games weren't quite what they had been - maybe a result of the general malaise that had set in at both clubs at that point

My meh comment was more about the away day itself. Lego stadium for Lego stadium so to speak (no offence). Hamilton offered nothing really, as you say, at least there's the pantomime villain aspect with Airdrie...

40 minutes ago, AuAl said:

My meh comment was more about the away day itself. Lego stadium for Lego stadium so to speak (no offence). 

None taken, I think most of our fans would agree, the only redeeming feature of the seaside league was that you got to go to some cracking traditional stadiums. 

Anyway our stadium being shite was  your c#nt of a chairman's fault haha

Edited by cb_diamond

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

None taken, I think most of our fans would agree, the only redeeming feature of the seaside league was that you got to go to some cracking creaking traditional stadiums.

FTFY

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

None taken, I think most of our fans would agree, the only redeeming feature of the seaside league was that you got to go to some cracking traditional stadiums. 

Anyway our stadium being shite was  your c#nt of a chairman's fault haha

Has zero redeeming features. A complete binfire of a league.

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Has zero redeeming features. A complete binfire of a league.

Really not fair to binfires. Certainly should have been one of Dante’s circles of hell, nice to see you and the diamonds left Falkirk there.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Welcome one and all to the Championship. 

Pars - We get the derby back after last years New Years pairing with Accies.  let’s be honest it’s a step up from Cove in terms of support and stadium and the Bridies are no bad. 

Airdrie - Alright who let this mob back Up here! Accies or Airdrie made zero difference to me, both central belt teams and easy to get to.  

Dundee Utd - lose Dundee get Dundee Utd keeps a decent gate and an away day to Dundee. 

Ross County (assuming Partick don’t Hibs it) - Not great for most barring ICT but I’ve never been to Dingwall so get to tick that off the list. (If it’s Partick away day to Glasgow is alway decent). 

Pretty much my thoughts. We get the derbies back. Swap Dundee teams; United always have a bit more glamour about them anyway. we get Airdrie for general baldy 50-year-old nuttiness and mayhem, Trump and Union jacks, and their iconic diamond shirts, and Ross County for a mad journey to the Highlands.

IMG_2739.jpeg