Anti aging

You might have read about tech millionaire Bryan Johnson in the news the last few weeks. Johnson, who founded Venmo and sold it to PayPal for $800m, has apparently dedicated himself to reducing his biological age. He’s 45 but claims to have the lung capacity of an 18 year old, the heart of a 37 year old and the skin of a 25 year old. He has achieved this by numerous experimental procedures, a tightly controlled diet and exercise regime. Controversially, his regime includes blood transfusions from his 17 year old son.

This GQ article brought him and his regime to wider attention

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/bryan-johnson-millionaire-deaging-technology/amp

Here’s a photo of Johnson - this is a man lying $2m a year not to look 45. Money well spent?

3BBBE071-362B-4F42-A491-C8AE70B47BA1.thumb.webp.d317225e56c132e92144bd7ed1a13a11.webp

Heres an interview with his doctor, a Brit who amazingly thinks the guy lobbing cash at him is into something.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-gave-tech-tycoon-a-blood-plasma-tranfusion-to-reverse-his-ageing-kzz2w9gbb

Here’s a family photo of Johnson, his son and his dad. Just normal men!

64CB9EBF-AE02-49C0-9433-D4E9664AF000.thumb.png.57dafeca2a29253aa3057ed3fbcac64d.png

have any P&Bers got an anti aging protocol?

Have any P&Bers ever spent $2m a year to look the same?

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

claims to have the lung capacity of an 18 year old, the heart of a 37 year old and the skin of a 25 year old.

It's nice to have a hobby and with collectors there's always the chance to swap with like-minded people.

I get the feeling most of these ultra rich types (at least in private) think the same way as this oddball.

They will wake up at night seething that they will still age like the proles and poor people who can't afford multi-million pound treatments.

...and yet he's still going to die and rot, just like the most deprived pauper on the planet. The only difference is that the idea clearly terrifies yer man with the cash.

There's been a few videos going around lately about how excessive amounts of money drives people to insanity as they lose all grasp on reality. I'm sure it's not true - they all seem so stable, happy, and well-adjusted.

27 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I get the feeling most of these ultra rich types (at least in private) think the same way as this oddball.

They will wake up at night seething that they will still age like the proles and poor people who can't afford multi-million pound treatments.

At least it's something different from the usual cosmetic surgery that does not make you look younger but makes you look like you've had cosmetic surgery.

Edited by Richey Edwards

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

At least it's something different from the usual cosmetic surgery that does not make you look younger but makes you look like you've had cosmetic surgery.

I was watching some friends catch up thing and the boy that played Chandler Bing is a fucking mess.

I look younger than my age 

I put it down to not smoking, avoiding too much sun and lucky genetics.

Although I did read years ago in The Sunday Post (so it must be true) that if you do five minutes pulling faces everyday it keeps the skin supple and young looking.

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Although I did read years ago in The Sunday Post (so it must be true) that if you do five minutes pulling faces everyday it keeps the skin supple and young looking.

Unless the wind changes.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I was watching some friends catch up thing and the boy that played Chandler Bing is a fucking mess.

I saw one of the lassies from Friends recently, and she had that "Real Housewives" look of skin artificially stretched across bone.

Spoiler

"Courteney Cox?"

"Not many lately, how about yourself?"

(© Stephen Fry)

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If you see any of the YouTube videos of influencers telling young lassies how to avoid aging (and, let's be honest, it's what we're all watching), they're all convinced that the key is to avoid using muscles in your face. So, no laughing, smiling, or displaying emotion of any kind for you.

There was one who claimed to be able to smile by only moving two facial muscles. Utter fucking lunatics.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You might have read about tech millionaire Bryan Johnson in the news the last few weeks. Johnson, who founded Venmo and sold it to PayPal for $800m, has apparently dedicated himself to reducing his biological age. He’s 45 but claims to have the lung capacity of an 18 year old, the heart of a 37 year old and the skin of a 25 year old. He has achieved this by numerous experimental procedures, a tightly controlled diet and exercise regime. Controversially, his regime includes blood transfusions from his 17 year old son.

This GQ article brought him and his regime to wider attention

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/bryan-johnson-millionaire-deaging-technology/amp

Here’s a photo of Johnson - this is a man lying $2m a year not to look 45. Money well spent?

3BBBE071-362B-4F42-A491-C8AE70B47BA1.thumb.webp.d317225e56c132e92144bd7ed1a13a11.webp

Heres an interview with his doctor, a Brit who amazingly thinks the guy lobbing cash at him is into something.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-gave-tech-tycoon-a-blood-plasma-tranfusion-to-reverse-his-ageing-kzz2w9gbb

Here’s a family photo of Johnson, his son and his dad. Just normal men!

64CB9EBF-AE02-49C0-9433-D4E9664AF000.thumb.png.57dafeca2a29253aa3057ed3fbcac64d.png

have any P&Bers got an anti aging protocol?

Have any P&Bers ever spent $2m a year to look the same?

Tempted to add all three to my 2024 Deadpool…but concerned about qualifying obits.